Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hellsing

Options
  • 03-12-2010 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Does anyone know when the 8th OAV is out they said it would be out in 2010 and we are quickly running out of 2010

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

It has been postponed again until second quarter next year from what I have read. I don't think thats a bad thing though. It just means they are doing a proper job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

I DON'T CARE ABOUT QUALITY I JUST WANT CONTENT

/irrational nerd

Numina wrote: »
    I DON'T CARE ABOUT QUALITY I JUST WANT CONTENT

/irrational nerd

Content and quality go hand in hand. Think of rainbows and relax :p

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

Content and quality go hand in hand. Think of rainbows and relax :p
    Only if it's the quality of the content. Quality of the animation is completely separate.

I've never watched any Helsing besides the first couple of episodes of the old anime. Is it worth getting into?

Only if it's the quality of the content. Quality of the animation is completely separate.

I've never watched any Helsing besides the first couple of episodes of the old anime. Is it worth getting into?

The quality of both the Animation and content in the Hellsing Ultimate OVA is superb. It remains very close to the Manga which on it's own is excellent. The only problem I have is the voice actor they used for Paladin Anderson. I could do a better job (and I will prove it if asked to!).

Both Anderson and Rip Van Winkle are great character...Worthy of cosplay if you can pull it off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Madjackjr

The quality of both the Animation and content in the Hellsing Ultimate OVA is superb. It remains very close to the Manga which on its own is excellent. The only problem I have is the voice actor they used for Paladin Anderson. I could do a better job (and I will prove it if asked to!)

I have to agree the OAV's are class. But the voice for Anderson is poor, it’s one of the few times i prefer the English dub voices to the originals in an anime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 zippos

The quality of both the Animation and content in the Hellsing Ultimate OVA is superb. It remains very close to the Manga which on it's own is excellent. The only problem I have is the voice actor they used for Paladin Anderson. I could do a better job (and I will prove it if asked to!).

Both Anderson and Rip Van Winkle are great character...Worthy of cosplay if you can pull it off!

Yes I can do

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Lemegeton

im just stoked that someone finally picked up the license for the dubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭MrPirate

It has been postponed again until second quarter next year from what I have read. I don't think thats a bad thing though. It just means they are doing a proper job.

Really? I haven't heard anything, but I'll take your word. How will I be able to last that long without it? :(
    The quality of both the Animation and content in the Hellsing Ultimate OVA is superb. It remains very close to the Manga which on it's own is excellent.
    This. This so much. The old TV series of it is relatively crap. The OVAs are amazing. Keepin' it subbed. ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Hellsing.

It's basically what anime was like before all that moe-sh*t started taking over.

Full of titties, guns and blood.

Man what an awesome time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Anxiety

i love hellsing :D its always been one of my favs :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

is it different from the series or are the ovas just the series rehashed??

is it different from the series or are the ovas just the series rehashed??

The OVA is the Manga incarnate so totally different to the series!

both are worth a goo, but oav is far better IMO.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

ah good, will watch so, have only see the series and the start of the ovas, which just seemed the same

• Registered Users Posts: 5 freemmorpg

I do not care the quality

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Ger outta mah forum :P

Just watched 8 there and .............................it was gooooooooood.
    Can't wait till a high deff version comes out to watch it again :)
    So how many years till 9 comes out? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

Madjackjr wrote: »
    Just watched 8 there and .............................it was gooooooooood.
    Can't wait till a high deff version comes out to watch it again :)
    So how many years till 9 comes out? :p
    Probably we will have to wait till the end of 2012 :P If we are lucky.
    Im still fighting not to read the manga, till now i was able to do it, but after last scene its gonna be hard not to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 lezard

I just started watching the ova this week.
    I almost didn't make it through the speech at the end of episode 4 but the intro to 5 more than made up for it.

Everything is much better than the series bar the music and arguably, the art style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭ishvalian

Just watched number 8 there recently, it was good however, the artwork did seem a bit dodgy in places, Especially Anderson for some reason.

Advertisement