Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car Crash - Insurance Claim - Please Advice

• 03-12-2010 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi..

With the Icy Weather, I had a slide and my car crashed to a free standing pole in my estate last monday.

After waiting for 5 hrs after calling my Insurance (Kenco Insurance), I finally got a Rescue Truck which Towed my Car. I was told that my car was taken to an approved crash repair shop and I should hear back for an estimate later on the day.

Calling the Crash Repair over the last 5 days, finally I am told today that they have an estimate and it is high and insurance company might not got for it.

I didnt think the crash was that bad.
    My car was 04 Avensis, 1.8 Ltr Petrol, Superior Luna Model.

The Crash Repair have quoted 7K for Repair.(3.5K for Labor)
    I had insured the car for 8.5K and it was a spot less beautiful car with about 80K Miles.

Now I just dont know how to deal when the insurance says that it will be a write off. I have heard stories that I might get 3K or so for my Car.

Searching CBG / Carzone I have not found many 1.8L Avensis Luna Model and as such the average price has been about 6.5 -7K.

Would anyone advice if they know anything about this Kenco Insurance ?
    How much can I expect ?
    What happens if they pay me peanuts..Can I refuse or appeal ?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Sounds like it's likely be written off unfortunately.

Expect a trade value on a similar car to be offered. The sum insured doesn't really matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

How badly damaged any pics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I would have tried to meet the assesor. You could have argued with him that your car was the top model with low mileage and very clean.

I never heard of Kenco insurance. I thought they made Coffee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

-Corkie- wrote: »
    I would have tried to meet the assesor. You could have argued with him that your car was the top model with low mileage and very clean.

They deal with britton insurance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭amg-slurp

Kenco are ok to deal with....when you can get through to them!

6.5 to 7.5k sounds about right value wise being honest.
    Hard to judge an estimate without at least seeing pics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 smohapatra

Hi All..

Thanks for the replies.
    I have attached the picture of the damage as an attachment.

I wonder still if I could get a decent value from the insurance.

Thanks,

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

-Corkie- wrote: »

Those factors make very little difference in the value of an older car.

smohapatra wrote: »
    Hi All..

Thanks for the replies.
    I have attached the picture of the damage as an attachment.

I wonder still if I could get a decent value from the insurance.

Thanks,

Nasty. If there's an element of structural damage there, and there may well be, I'd want rid of it.

See what the insurers offer, argue your case, or maybe consider using a loss adjuster?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 smohapatra

Whats a Loss Adjucter ?
    Is there any process where in I can negotiate the price offered for the car by my insurance ?

Also I had NCB Protection for Step Back - 2 Years. I have about 7 years NCB but then I am told that the Insurance company recognize only 5 years and hence after the crash the NCB will be 3 years. I dont understand this part.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 d4lc

smohapatra wrote: »
    Whats a Loss Adjucter ?
    Is there any process where in I can negotiate the price offered for the car by my insurance ?

Also I had NCB Protection for Step Back - 2 Years. I have about 7 years NCB but then I am told that the Insurance company recognize only 5 years and hence after the crash the NCB will be 3 years. I dont understand this part.

They will probably make an offer for the pre accident value, if you can show that the car was better than average they may increase the offer. If you could show them service record receipts,similar cars for sale etc they may increase the offer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Friend of mine did similar damage to an avensis last year, and it was an economic write off.

Advertisement