Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question about N.E.W.B taking me to court

• 03-12-2010 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Our section 29 appeal was unsuccessful so I spoke to somebody from the N.E.W.B. She told me we would have to send my son back to his old school or travel further afield and find a school out of our area. I said no to both of these and she said that would result in court action.
    I said to her that if they took us to court at least we could get the abuse at my sons old school investigated. She told us that " That wouldn't happen and that no judge would be interested in what happened at his old school as it wouldn't be relevant".
    Personally I think it would be very relevant and once again smell bull**** from the education system.

A) Would we not be able to get the abuse investigated as a defence and B) Would a judge not think it relevant as to why we wont send him back to his old school?

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Please do not seek legal advice on boards.ie

You have a serious issue on your hands, and not one that you (or we) want being traced back here.
    If someone gets the wrong legal advice here, acts on it to their determent, there could be serious consequences. Be that financial or their very liberty. They might then seek recourse against the person who gave the advice and those that permitted it to be given. That would include Boards.ie Ltd - the standard practice in litigation is to throw the net as far wide as you can. Sue everyone (optionally from orbit, it being the only way to be sure). That in a nutshell, is the reason for the rule in question.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement