Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C&C: Some from last night

• 03-12-2010 10:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭

Hi,

First time out using a tripod. Also the first time using completely manual settings (usually Shutter or App priority). Nikon D80 body with a couple of different lenses.
    Really want to improve at night photography so please, be as brutal as you feel you need to be!

K.

5229444859_eb90597595_z.jpg

5229441141_67179b3f1a_z.jpg

5230030826_67f92b8828_z.jpg

5230024184_116b4c93e7_z.jpg

5230021302_7443fdf40c_z.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭mikka631

Love the "Ghosts" in the last two.
    Overall Nice and Pleasing to my eye, your settings have worked well here IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Exposures look great, it's the composition in some of them that is a bit off.

#2 - would prefer not to see that railing in the foreground, the green light on the arch is nice, a different angle to exclude the railing and get more of the bridge in maybe?

Last one I'd try clone out the cable top left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

Nice shots but I think #1 is too orange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

How do you get the colour in #2 like that?

I really need a lesson or 2 in photography!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jumpinac

your settings work great colours are good but i find ur composition distracting ,and wonder were u sure exactly what u want your subject to be in these pics

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

jozi wrote: »
    How do you get the colour in #2 like that?

I really need a lesson or 2 in photography!

white balance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Thanks guys.
    I'm usually pretty careful re composition, but obviously I'm not there yet! Something to work on.
    WB is generally set to auto on my camera, I find it works fine, but if that first shot is too orange, then maybe I should start experimenting with the manual settings (I find it quite confusing).
    I'll go try clone out that cable in the last pic now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭DutchGuy

One thing to keep an eye on with long exposures where there are traffic lights is to try to ensure that the light doesn't change colour, in your last photo you have lights that are several colours at the same time which to me is quite off-putting. Then again I might just be being anal about these things. One thing you can do if you need a long exposure is to cover the lens when the lights change to red and leave the shutter open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Thanks guys.
    I'm usually pretty careful re composition, but obviously I'm not there yet! Something to work on.
    WB is generally set to auto on my camera, I find it works fine, but if that first shot is too orange, then maybe I should start experimenting with the manual settings (I find it quite confusing).
    I'll go try clone out that cable in the last pic now :)

Best to shoot in RAW for this reason, and fine tune in post processing.

Advertisement