Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung TV + Sky HD

• 03-12-2010 10:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭

So I now have Sky HD but annoyingly my TV switches itself on on Ext1 and I have to toggle 3 times to get to the HDMI option.

Is there a way to get it to switch on straight to HDMI?

Its an LCD New Model TV so the interface should essentially be similar across the range.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,234 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Berty wrote: »
    So I now have Sky HD but annoyingly my TV switches itself on on Ext1 and I have to toggle 3 times to get to the HDMI option.

Is there a way to get it to switch on straight to HDMI?

Its an LCD New Model TV so the interface should essentially be similar across the range.

I have the same problem with my 3-year old LE32-something model.

Right royal pain in the arse that the Sky button no longer overrides, especially seing as the remote for the TV itself doesn't always work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I considered mentioning that as well.

When I used to press the Sky button on the Sky + it would move over to Ext 1 or whatever it was but not with HDMI.

Hopefully somebody will have a solution as Im very lazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Yo Buddy. You still alive?

Berty wrote: »
    I considered mentioning that as well.

When I used to press the Sky button on the Sky + it would move over to Ext 1 or whatever it was but not with HDMI.

Hopefully somebody will have a solution as Im very lazy.

Have you tried turning on that Samsung "Anynet+" (More of a remote thing but bring up items when switched on)It is in the second last one in the Menu options. Try that and it might just recognise the Sky box. It does with my PS3 (Then in General I can set that to auto game mode for that connection)

Also there is some more options when you bring up the source list. Hit the tools button and you can name the connection. There is a general list there already. STB/Cable etc etc.

Not sure if any of those will help. Might though!

Advertisement