Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rad problems

• 03-12-2010 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

hi looking for advice for heating system.my sister is renting a house with gas heating.she has 2 rads which are cold.tthey have tried to blead them to no avail, i advised her to turn off all rads and leave one problem rad open but it gets kinda warm when she does this but when rest are turned on it gets cold again, any suggestions :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Payton

Try posting in the Plumbing and Heating section

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Sparkpea

sounds like the water circulating pump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭harry21

I doubt its the circulating pump if the others are getting hot, unless they are the last on the loop. Even so, if you turned off the other rads and it only gets warm then you have a problem.

Its either airlocked or just plain blocked. When you say bleeding has not worked, what does this mean? I assume there is no air left in the rad.

Check both the inlet and outlet of the rad. Maybe someone messed around with it. Make sure both arre fully open and all other rads are off and try heating them again. If they still dont heat then may be full crap. How old are they? When they do heat, do they remain cold or colder in the middle at the bottom - this is a sure sign that the rad is full of crud.

Advertisement