Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a new or 2nd hand IDE drive for a laptop (80Gb or upwards)?

Options
  • 03-12-2010 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

My Acer laptop got dropped (again! twice this time!) by my 3.5 year old, wrecking the hard disk, not sure if its worth fixing as he already did some damage to the machine about 3 years ago....

But to keep it limping along for now, I would need to replace the 80GB IDE Hard disk drive. It's probably not even worth it but I don't want to chuck it out and buy new, just to do a bit of Word, Excel and web browsing (and I can use my wife's laptop for any other stuff).

Any ideas where to get one new or 2nd hand IDE hard disk for not too much cash please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

adverts.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

+1 on adverts.ie

If you don't see one there put an ad up in the computers wanted section. You should get a lot of responses..

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭eamonn4321

Thanks for the advice, good idea. Was going to buy there but ended up on ebay, got 160Gb job for 43 GBP so happy enough with that.

Advertisement