Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basketball Pictures/Video's thread

Options
  • 03-12-2010 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭

I saw a thread like this on the American Football forum and thought it might be a good idea to have something like this here.?

Just post some of your favorite Basketball videos or pictures whether it's from the NBA, NCAA, Basketball Ireland, FIBA or any Basketball really. Also try and make it a no discussion thread.!

I'll get the ball rolling

My favourite Basketball image ever

Jordan_last_shot_1999.jpg

Gotta love Stephen Curry:D

Also saw this the other day

But you get the idea;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXQ9G7sTjjq3jqp0kMohKOD1dOXaSanuM8tIT2OlgZpWO2aTde1w

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnHQA3JwSsE69sdxGRAFz6a6_X2TzWres2YOPN84d-CyimY6w1

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ9CRw8O8Co2T1uwbhl0FiF2VLzUkBm2Obyy0F9uYqC31RCZZEF

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTywtPe98L94kYNOSiiJJJeYD6rZpXuw9OlnRkQJzL0dFL0akeSVA

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXcYSZCwnNQ7UdJiyf7weKO9AS1xmxW1KMdGQvQX4Z7JqC7Sx7XQ

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTeVRLbNY_0D_TWUOI1rULRLD3Fqh_PVJmlkx417T4_JmhIEV-r

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHQoaYNFHOtRcGCH5Pn27cDranyLwVIRoBySv6_1kkNtou3_L6Mw

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRvKfFOG_uEUbIccMJXjuDEUt-lmxsIXOMoyx8IvIPuYErpXcL2

ron_artest_brawl_2004_11-24.jpg

11.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

the-shot.jpg

Awesome pic from Sports Illustrated - I still have this issue somewhere and it features some incredible images from the game and a play by play freeze frame of the last couple of plays of the game; Ehlo's lay up and Jordan's shot over Ehlo. This was when Jordan really arrived. Cleveland had played and beaten the Bulls 5 times in the regular season and were expected to sweep the series. The form on the shot is unreal, considering he was airborne and going sideways at pace at the time, the position of the elbow on the shooting hand in particular. There is also a pic of his follow through when he's still airborne and Ehlo has landed, but I couldn't find that online for some reason.

Check the celebration afterwards, and Ehlo's abject rejection:
    michael-jordan-the-shot-1.jpg

And for Sneaker Freaks like me, check the black Air Jordan IV......nice.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

"When the game was ours..."

magic-bird.jpg

THE original 'Shot' ;)

Michael-Jordan---N-Carolina-Last-Shot-82-Photograph-C10103612.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRogWlp4XnX-ol3uwqmfa6OWiiwuwoheDoeeZHXvSXMRUxKhajm

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTe2cM5WCrs7I85VZC8DHZzkJsCnbFr_a-R_cLuLXTtXYsg9P_WPg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQhRY46xOAft5REDV-pvdwxoVzibRAHiq_r9TbIjnJlhWWm74MU

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGJNL1bsKw-y2EthnuSp8w5m-rMnK9Ge8aHw7PYotptn5gt9l2images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ5O-ss5i7w60nxGTy7UYn0qiTnWvhPHibwQ34H-if6ZlqLs9T4

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSscG_ArJCFkXZrpGgi8et5Xidb3f7rnDpUyAAuSjuALwSoffcI

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7b4ZQfUArA2JzponfDRJbT6fKlxPW0q74_DzICyf4s-prw9Lv

I think there'll be a lot of this guy over the next few years:

blake.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭RMDrive

• Advertisement

Just watched the full game of arguably the greatest scoring duel of all time. Unbelievable to watch

Sea Devils wrote: »
    Just watched the full game of arguably the greatest scoring duel of all time. Unbelievable to watch

Wow. Thanks for that, that was awesome. I loved Wilkins and must agree with Danny Ainge's assessment that had he played on a better team, he'd have finished with a ring or two... And what can you say about the Birdman - like Paul McGrath: "If only he'd had a set of knees"!

Did anyone see Lebron's amazing behind the backboard shot from last night?. I can't believe he made that, just amazing.

Did anyone see Lebron's amazing behind the backboard shot from last night?. I can't believe he made that, just amazing.

Nah, nah, look at this from Larry Bird. Look at how far Bird is back behind the board - and this was almost 25 years ago. First player to do it in a game and it was incorrectly disallowed at the time. Loads of players have done it since, but it's hard to beat this one for me.

Note: as a shot, it's a lot easier to do than you'd think. I had a session with an American shooting coach once who made us shoot over the back board shots to practice our form - it really makes you focus on keeping your elbow square and following through correctly.

Nah, nah, look at this from Larry Bird. Look at how far Bird is back behind the board - and this was almost 25 years ago. First player to do it in a game and it was incorrectly disallowed at the time. Loads of players have done it since, but it's hard to beat this one for me.

IMO Lebron's was still more impressive. He shot it halfway or further to the three point line and as high as the top of the shot clock. Bird was in the key distance and only had to reach an apex of bottom of shot clock/just over backboard. Much higher degree of difficulty on Lebron's.

IMO Lebron's was still more impressive. He shot it halfway or further to the three point line and as high as the top of the shot clock. Bird was in the key distance and only had to reach an apex of bottom of shot clock/just over backboard. Much higher degree of difficulty on Lebron's.

We can agree or disagree on which is the more difficult shot but surely you wouldn't disagree on Bird being a better shooter? Or player? :)

In the context of being something new, I give props to Bird. Nowadays when anyone does it (and there's been a good few), it's always just another over the backboard shot, whereas when Larry did it, it was like....WOW!

We can agree or disagree on which is the more difficult shot but surely you wouldn't disagree on Bird being a better shooter? Or player? :)

In the context of being something new, I give props to Bird. Nowadays when anyone does it (and there's been a good few), it's always just another over the backboard shot, whereas when Larry did it, it was like....WOW!

Oh obviously Bird was better at both no question:).

However when all's said and done what Bird did in this commercial specifically at 0.44 might be even better then what LeBron did in that video:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

^^^^
    haha, I saw that live, that was nearly the best thing that happened in the game.

made me laugh:

from The Basketball Jones

• Advertisement

That play was so sick. A guy that tall shouldn't be able to do that.

Finish to last night's Grizzlies-Kings game:

padraig_f wrote: »
    Finish to last night's Grizzlies-Kings game:

Wow, Mayo pulled that jumper out of nowhere That was such a great sequence, especially because there was no timeout. In the span of 10 seconds, the crowd went from "are you kidding me??!!?::mad: to :D:D

Also the "if you don't like that you don't like NBA Basketball" bit was memorable.

Love this one. They think they've won the game and start celebrating......but turn their backs on the play.

Should have been Technical city with the coaching staff and fans on the court but it would take a STRONG ref to call anything. If you've ever been to a European Basketball game you'll prob. understand why they didn't call it :D

Love this one. They think they've won the game and start celebrating......but turn their backs on the play.

Holy f*ck, that is one of the best things I've ever seen! Classic... :D :pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

my hero's as a teenager
    6a00e3982071838833011570bda825970b-800wi.jpg

dennis-rodman.13.jpg

dennis-rodman-good.jpg

9596Finals.jpg
    1992-Shawn-Kemp-2.jpg\

gary-payton-bio-official.jpg

gary-payton-bio-official.jpg

Payton was a badass... In the book "The Jordan Rules" which was a diary of the Bulls first Championship team in 90/91, there's a good story about an incident with Payton (then a brash rookie, some years away from earning his 'The Glove' nickname) and Jordan.

They bumped into each other at a niteclub, I think, and Payton began taunting Jordan, saying: "Yeah, I got my millions, I'm buying my Ferarris and my Testarosas now too..." Jordan shot back: "No problem, I get em for free"!

Nice comeback ;)

Jordan then torched Payton in their first regular season meeting.

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Payton was a badass... In the book "The Jordan Rules" which was a diary of the Bulls first Championship team in 90/91, there's a good story about an incident with Payton (then a brash rookie, some years away from earning his 'The Glove' nickname) and Jordan.

They bumped into each other at a niteclub, I think, and Payton began taunting Jordan, saying: "Yeah, I got my millions, I'm buying my Ferarris and my Testarosas now too..." Jordan shot back: "No problem, I get em for free"!

Nice comeback ;)

Gary Payton was a beeyatch! One of the most irritating NBA players ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

WHIP IT! wrote: »

Nice comeback ;)

I heard a slightly different version - I heard that conversation took place on the court - thrash talk whispered to each other during a match

either way, Jordan's come back was brilliant!

Advertisement