Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info on CCNA course

Options
  • 03-12-2010 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Sorry if I'm cluttering up this forum with another thread on CCNA but I didn't want to hijack another thread :)
    I'm just looking for a bit of advice. Basically I'm 23 and working but looking for a change of career. I've been looking into doing [URL="http://www.dorset-college.ie/Computing/courses/course_details/?rid=3&cid=33]this"][/url]this course and I'm just wondering what peoples thoughts on it are. Would doing this course alone be enough of a qualification to secure a job or would it just be a stepping stone to other courses? Or would a different course be more suitable? I would need to keep working to pay the bills so an evening/weeend course would be the only option.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

You may see from my other posts that I'm a self study man myself.
    Everyone is different.

You could achieve CCNA many ways - but lets put that aside.

If you want to secure a job there is more to it.
    Your approach to problems, how you react under pressure etc. is all very important.

You need to differentiate yourself from other candidates - try going above and beyond.
    Everyone else is so focused on getting the CCNA that they don't pay attention to little details.

Learn the material, know it well and you will succeed.
    Don't expec to stop at CCNA though if you want to get into networking.

Thats just my 2cent.
    Other people may disagree.

Advertisement