Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo 2??

• 03-12-2010 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hey guys,just wondering...

If I buy halo 2 right now,could I play xbox live on it?

I know the original xbox live is shut down,but does it work with xbox 360 live?

I really loved playin this game

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

No they shut down the servers a while ago.

Quite an interesting end to it actually.

http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/214933/dozens-of-halo-2-players-keep-original-xbox-online-gaming-alive-update/

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭itsgrand

awh okie... thanks! real shame

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭qbhod

Still worth playing for the single player though, i quite enjoy the campaign now as back then having to switch between The Arbiter was too weird for me. Would also go so far as to say it's still the most visually diverse of all of them, as with the alien segments you get a lot of different things to look at. Looks great on the 360 too, i think it's upscaled to run better than it did on the original Xbox and is also widescreen. :)
    Even if you have a few mates round im sure there's still fun to be had with some classic split-screen play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

Hell i still play split screen Halo 1, god i loved that pistol!

Yea that pistol had a lot more power back then, as did the assault rifle, was a lot easier to use. I remember Bungie saying during the development of Halo 2 that they got some feedback from "experts" saying it didnt fire realistically :rolleyes: so they changed it up a bit, not for the better imo.
    On that note, anyone heard the rumour that 343 Industries is remaking Halo 1 using the Reach engine? :D How amazing would that be, apparently it may come out for the 10th anniversary of Halo in November next year! Still a rumour, but i could def see this happening as it could also be an exercise for 343 to see how they get on before they dive into Halo 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

I heard that rumour and MS didnt exactly deny it did they? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

wow a remake of the orginal, nice move william gates, nice move

I'd absolutely love that, the only thing to describe the original halo is "epic"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

-=al=- wrote: »
    wow a remake of the orginal, nice move william gates, nice move

I'd absolutely love that, the only thing to describe the original halo is "epic"
    hasn't "epic" been used to describe and lure gamers into every halo since?

Huge non-linear levels, enemies ranging from the tiny Grunt to the colossal Scarab, each with different weaknesses, great variety and unique weapons, land/air vehicles, a massive orchestral soundtrack that can top most movies out there, plus being the only one who can stop evil aliens from killing every sentient being in the universe. Doesn't get much more epic

Advertisement