Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a reliable window replacement guy

Options
  • 03-12-2010 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Just wasted several months of my time with a local window guy who was full of false promises (company is similar name to chain of toy stores)
    I'm still freezing in the flat due to faulty windows. Recovering from a cold after the frost this week :(
    So much for construction industry been hit hard..

I need 3 full length windows replaced asap.
    If anyone can recommend someone reliable local who can help out I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks,
    HD

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Actual windows or just glass??

If you are looking for actual windows then would not hesitate to recommend Dalgan windows.

www.dalganwindows.ie/

If it's just glass then maybe try the guy in Westside behind the off-licence?? I can't think of his name, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

i need to get the seals on my windows replaced.asked about this in the diy section but didnt get much info.

anybody ever get seals replaced on pvc windows?approx price?
    im in an apartment so theres only 3 windows that need to be done.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

A very good guy does the area west of Galway named Joyce, he does glass and seals and hinges and dodgy rollers on patio doors etc, <snip> Joinery remediation a specialty :(

Ring one of the glass suppliers in Galway and get his number, Joyce from out west.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    A very good guy does the area west of Galway named Joyce, he does glass and seals and hinges and dodgy rollers on patio doors etc, <snip> Joinery remediation a specialty :(

Ring one of the glass suppliers in Galway and get his number, Joyce from out west.

cheers,no more info on him than that?

No, only met him once at a friends house and he sorted lots of silly little problems out while replacing a window. She said he was very very reasonable in every way.

He lives in Carraroe or somewhere but collects the glass from Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

It can be a right pane trying to find one

It can be a right pane trying to find one

My eyes glaze over when I come across punny humour like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    My eyes glaze over when I come across punny humour like that.

I agree. It going to be curtains for the topic if those puns continue.

Advertisement