Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redmond Park.

Options
  • 04-12-2010 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering what sort of condition Redmond Park is in these days? I always had the notion that it was very questionable place for questionable people to loiter. Iv heard horror stories of needles being found etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Last time I was there with the young lad I came across a used needle.

Granted it was way up in the top right corner away from the playground, we just happened to be going for a bit of a stroll around the park, not something we'd usually do when there.

But needless to say not nice, not nice at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

It is such a shame though. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭vedwards

Sorry for the hijack but where is Redmond Park? I've been out of town for some years now and I can only recall a Redmond Street :o .

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

there is no redmond street in wexford town, one in enniscorthy though. Redmond park is just after Darral house b&b opposite the loreto school on spawell road.
    its about time they cleaned that place up, believe it not there is a big pond up the back on the right, it would be a lovely space if treated and secured correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

There is a Redmond Road though, out past the old cinema car park towards Carcur.

And the park isn't opposite the Loreto, that's further down the road.

That pond was drained many years ago now, would it be too late to restore relatively cheaply, seeing as it's been eroded by feet? Or was it drained due to safety fears?

Streetview of Redmond Park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

sorry that should have said on the opposite side of the road.

I never remember any water in it, have seen a few old photos though, its seemed very nice.

Advertisement