Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show Competition Text Error

• 04-12-2010 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Help. I entered the Late Late show competition tonight and I just received 17, yes seventeen, replies/confirmation of entry. What worse, I seem to have been charged for all of them. Has this happened to anyone else, either tonight or a different night?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

siobhanH24 wrote: »
    Help. I entered the Late Late show competition tonight and I just received 17, yes seventeen, replies/confirmation of entry. What worse, I seem to have been charged for all of them. Has this happened to anyone else, either tonight or a different night?

nope,never happened and never will happen as i dont enter those competitions.

contact your provider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Yillan

Did you win?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭kchsligo

I've received 25 responses and been charged for each and every one of them, despite the handset saying that the message failed to deliver even once...

Just writing a letter of complaint to the service provider as the telephone customer service is pointless... fingers crossed...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Yillan wrote: »
    Did you win?

Well at least we know someone who didn't win :p
    ...i dont enter those competitions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,522 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Moving from Television to consumer issues.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Regtel is the regulator for premium text lines, if your complaints to your operator get you nowhere.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,960 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

jor el wrote: »
    Regtel is the regulator for premium text lines, if your complaints to your operator get you nowhere.

RegTel is gone - folded into ComReg, isn't it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Comreg took over regulating premium rate numbers as Regtel was incapable of doing so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Counter

Is it just me or is it strange that both posters who have had problems only have one post!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

Counter wrote: »
    Is it just me or is it strange that both posters who have had problems only have one post!?

Not stange at all. I've heard of two others it happened to. Combination of your operator and service provider will need to bw contacted here.

Operator may my have been able to handle all the volume of texts and as such delivered it many times to the service provider.
    Provider then would just deliver a response to each text it received.

You might get each of them passing the buck but be persistent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

This issue only affected 3 customers. All those affected should have received a text from 3 advising them that they have been fully refunded. If in doubt contact 3 customer care.

Advertisement