Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst Irish person in history

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Every pervert that defiled a child, and every last one that knew about it, yet did nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭CoalBucket

OP a poll is essential for this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

I will go with Gerry Adams. For obvious reasons in his taking part in the Provisional IRA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

The OP is going to add a poll once they get the top nominations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭CoalBucket

The OP is going to add a poll once they get the top nominations

Always helps to read the op in full instead of skimming over :D

my nomination is charlie haughey or bertie but to add to the list i suggest Jackie Healy Rae

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭jiffybag

Michael McKevitt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Charlie McCreevy. Not that he was essentially bad man, just that he's a complete numpty who wasted money on stupid things (de-centralfeckupisation) and then flipped off to Europe for the cushy job.

Joan Burton also. Wow just wow.

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Hitler :pac:

One daoine, ceann Impireacht, ceannaire amháin :pac:

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    Charlie McCreevy......and then flipped off to Europe for the cushy job.

He was pushed by Bertie to go

He didn't exactly volunteer to head to Europe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

He was pushed by Bertie to go

He didn't exactly volunteer to head to Europe
    Don't mention that B-word again round here!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Foreverdelayed

Dev.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I can't believe the whole of Ireland has forgotten about Larry Murphy already. For shame! I think we should get the heli-follower back on him, now that he thinks all the hype has died down.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I hear I'm an awful person lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Jim Fahy, RTE's Western Correspondant.

Loves bad news, has never smiled in his life and wrecks my head

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Brian Dobson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

I hear I'm an awful person lately.

I hear you're a real bastard. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Dermot MacMurrough deffo get's my vote.

But after that, I don't know I tend to put all gangland criminals on the list there for all the organised crime and drugs in Ireland. But As a single entity though. I'm basically talking about the likes of the Dunne Family, The Keane Family(and all the other Limerick crime families), Martin Cahill, PJ Judge, Shane Coates, Stephen Suggs, John Gilligan and ever other gangland figure and crime family in the last three decades.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithimac

Father Brendan Smith.

He's the personification of everything evil and corrupt in this nation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Jedwards father, Mr Jedward snr..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Bosco.

That ginger bastard!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Dermot MacMurrough, greatest traitor in Irish history

He was ousted as King of Leinster and invited over Richard FitzGilbert de Clare, better known as Strongbow over for military help.
    Henry II later arrived and so begin the 800 years.
    They didn't invade provoked, they were invited over by a power hungry chieftan!

Honorable mention to Leonard McNally, backstabbing lawyer who was a paid informer for the British. Represented 1798 rebels and Robert Emmet and sold his defence brief to the the prosecution. So sending men to the gallows
    And in exchange we got beautiful buildings, a refined culture and the ability to speak a language that doesn't sound like someone murdering pidgeons. I wish I had the money to finance a film about McMurrough and Strongbow.
    Considering the mess we've made of things since Independence I can't imagine what the place would look like without the English taking care of us for the last 800 years.

Anyway, worst in history was probably Dev.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

The Troika of:

De Valera
    The Corrupt Haughey
    'Won it on the Horses' Ahern.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Cú Giobach

Nevore wrote: »
    And in exchange we got beautiful buildings, a refined culture and the ability to speak a language that doesn't sound like someone murdering pidgeons. I wish I had the money to finance a film about McMurrough and Strongbow.
    Considering the mess we've made of things since Independence I can't imagine what the place would look like without the English taking care of us for the last 800 years..
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

I honestly think CJ Haughey shouldn't be in this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭FF and proud

donfers wrote: »
    A nice christmasy thread to put youze all in the festive mood of goodwill to all men

remember that greatest irish person thing that was run by RTE and won by John Hume - well this is kind of the opposite of that

We'll have a few pages of nominations and then I'll set up a poll of the 5 most(or should that be least) popular

My vote goes to Bertie Ahern, he played the man of the people thing, thought he was the greatest thing since sliced pan by bringing peace to the North (Nope that was Adams, McGuinness, Hume and even Paisley) and then deregulating everything and letting every banker, property developer and wheeler-dealer get away with murder, he then bailed out when things were getting hot in the kitchen, oh and let's throw in the obligatory corruption scandal (no bank account Bertie-how forgetful of you), ah well you can always top up the non-existent bank account by appearing in shoddy cheap ads for tabloid newspapers that shame the office of Taoiseach all in the name of writing cliched populist guff about how Man U are going to win the league, and finally the the chick-lit writing daugher and boyband son-in-law add to the whole sickly feeling i get when I think of good aul Bertie, not content with destroying the economy within a country, his offspring are now destroying the only thing we have left, our culture

so he gets my vote, how about you?

Enda Kenny, cant stand the man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Absurdum wrote: »

Ah I get it, he occupies a special place so far beyond being the worst Irish person in History that it's a given he's included?

:D
    Enda Kenny, cant stand the man.

Yeah, but what has Kenny done that would make him the 'worst person in Irish history' ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭stevejr

Sorry if this has been posted already but what about those thieving bastards: Seanie Fitzpatrick, David Drumm, Michael Fingleton etc. Those fcuks deserve to be up there in the Top Ten at least.

What's the reason for being reasonable?

Is that an unreasonable question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

donfers wrote: »

by bringing peace to the North (Nope that was Adams, McGuinness )

You must be joking. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Absurdum wrote: »

Why?

For my money it would be Haughey, Betie the Bastard, or that pair of lying cunts, Little and Large (Lenihan and Cowen) because they are the fuckers that have directly impacted my life.

Going back a bit there would be Dev, and Diarmuid MacMurrough.

Who went and mentioned Larry Murphy!! On the way back from the shop last night struggling up a deserted and badly lit road there was a camper van getting a jump start from a small car and two men. They hadn't been there less then ten minutes before. The hairs on the back of my neck were standing to attention. How did someone break down and get help in such a short time scale! All I could think of was Larry Murphy and his accomplice setting the stage for a kidnap. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭ryaner012

plan and simple,

louis walsh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

twink

arrogant, talentless, media-whoring, embarrassing tramp

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

I cant understand the hatred for Dev, he was basically the anti-McMurrough! He set the country on a path to normality after a famine, 2 wars, and indirectly a world war! The man was a genius! WTF like?!?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Nevore wrote: »
    Considering the mess we've made of things since Independence I can't imagine what the place would look like without the English taking care of us for the last 800 years.

Anyway, worst in history was probably Dev.

Are you taking controversial opinions for the sake of being controversial? Because I do that all the time. Can't say I'm an apologist for colonialism though, its not my style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭cleremy jarkson

John Charles McQuaid.

Eamonn De Valera.

All the self-interested arseholes who opposed the mother-child act.

Sean T O'Kelly... grumpy, lick-arse to the church.

On the way back from the shop last night struggling up a deserted and badly lit road there was a camper van getting a jump start from a small car and two men. They hadn't been there less then ten minutes before. The hairs on the back of my neck were standing to attention. How did someone break down and get help in such a short time scale! All I could think of was Larry Murphy and his accomplice setting the stage for a kidnap. :(

You are paranoid.
    I've needed a jump start once in Longford and the first car I flagged down helped me

I crashed a car once in Tipperary and a farmer in his jeep and got a tow rope and pulled the car off the road

People are decent and will help strangers

So OP, you've lots of nominations. Any sign of this poll?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭cypharius

Jackie Heally Rae.

He represents everything that is wrong with Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

it's gotta be BONO

he's nothign but a
    money hungry (for himself)
    shameless attention seeking
    fúcking midget

he practically revoked his irish citizenship a few years ago
    just for money
    he tells people to ''be less materialistic and help the poor''
    while he steps out of his private jet
    getting into his €400,000 limousine
    taking him to his 15 million euro penthouse apartment ,
    to wine and dine in the lap of luxury eating the most expensive truffles and abalone and crap like that
    wearing clothes that were made by the very people he claims he wants to help

he's just a bad person

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

John Charles McQuaid
    The biggest prick I've ever read about. Stopped children and vulnerable mothers from receiving free health care and basically pissed on the graves of people who had TB or were about to die from TB.

(I wish I could vote my old history teacher who actually defended his actions. Not surprisingly he was a devout catholic aswell. Wanker)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

sam34 wrote: »
    twink

Without a doubt one of the worst comments in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

twink

Without a doubt one of the best comments in this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

twink

Without a doubt one of the worst comments in this thread.

Why? It could be argued that she's all of the above in fairness.

My vote goes to Bertie. A slieveen if ever there was one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

aidan24326 wrote: »
    Why? It could be argued that she's all of the above in fairness.

My vote goes to Bertie. A slieveen if ever there was one.

Not the question asked was it?

newmug wrote: »
    I cant understand the hatred for Dev, he was basically the anti-McMurrough! He set the country on a path to normality road to nowhere

fyp!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Were bananas in pajamas Irish? If so I vote for them :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Lorcan78

Ian Paisley for having a mouth on him like a Malahide cod .....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

The Healy Rae family in Kerry they are the very epitome of what is wrong with Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Smartypantsdig

I'll always found it quite telling that Laudebiliter was never mentioned in any history class I ever attended. Irish people don't seem to want to acknowledge it.

Said document, recently submitted to scientific and historical artefact analysis has shown that it is most likely a forgery, probably drawn up during the fourteenth or fifteenth century in order to legitimise the Norman colonisation of Ireland. There was never any mention of it in contemporary documents from the twelfth or early thirteenth century, and considering the claims in the document this strikes an odd note.

Oh, and I believe that possibly JC McQuaid did more damage than the invader or coloniser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Hitler, his great-great-great grandmother was from Ballisferry in Co Mayo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭Redr

bonerm wrote: »
    Yep, realised soon after that it should have been Charlie. Still at least I got the 'C' right.

I love it!!! However I think Bertie has the edge - evil

• Advertisement
Advertisement