Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst Irish person in history

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭filthymcnasty

1) Bertie Ahern for having no balls to stand up to anyone and setting in place the collapse of this country,

2) the idiot priest who ran on the track at the formula one a few years back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Surprised that cnut Cardinal Daly hasn't got a mention yet. Fr. Brendan Smyth and his ilk are evil but they're only responsible for the first couple of kids they abused and molested. It's the ones at the top who made it possible for the fcukers to get away with it for so long and they don't have the excuse of being sick perverts. They destroyed hundreds of childrens' lives for the sake of money, secrecy, privilege and power. That fcuker should be strung up and it just shows the sort of spineless filth we've had (and continue to have) in the Dail that he isn't in jail. Remember Cowen walking straight past the victims to go and talk to "his eminence".:mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭twinytwo

Éamon de Valera a traitorous bast@rd who always seemed to be away 'fund raising' when the real fighting had to be done. Then he hands the poisoned chalice of the treaty negotiations to a Military man - Collins. At least if he had joined Collins, it might have prevented the major schism that opened up.

The reason he sent collins was because he knew we would never get the North back. He had to get rid of collins anyway. He may have been self proclamied leader of the country but it was collins that people would follow to hell and back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

Surprised that cnut Cardinal Daly hasn't got a mention yet. Fr. Brendan Smyth and his ilk are evil but they're only responsible for the first couple of kids they abused and molested. It's the ones at the top who made it possible for the fcukers to get away with it for so long and they don't have the excuse of being sick perverts. They destroyed hundreds of childrens' lives for the sake of money, secrecy, privilege and power. That fcuker should be strung up and it just shows the sort of spineless filth we've had (and continue to have) in the Dail that he isn't in jail. Remember Cowen walking straight past the victims to go and talk to "his eminence".:mad::mad:

erm.. he did die last year. better have someone alive in prison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Bertie
    Dev
    McQuaid
    Cruise O'Brien
    Haughey
    off the top of my head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭geespot

collins divided ireland and then used guns and tanks supplied by brits to kill fellow irish men he was a scumbag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

Can't agree with this more. We've popularised gangland crime, and made them sound like East Coast rappers. Nicknames, articles, profiles etc. We making them into icons, and then wonder why crime inceases?

What a load of rubbish. Paul Williams reports accurately what mayhem is going on behind the scenes in the drugs trade. Roy Collins publicly thanked him for reporting about the Dundon-McCarthy gang in Limerick after they murdered his innocent son in cold blood.In no way does he glamourise these people.He calls them what they are-SCUMBAGS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

Generic Fianna Fail related person...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭geespot

paul williams is a twat and he loves to sensationalise the whole crime scene he does this for his own kicks as for his line about not being intimidated by them go away and **** yourself you a nd everybody in the rag you write for should be lined up against a wall also it cant be doing his bank balance any harm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

De Valera:

Cowardly during the War of Independence negotiations
    Refused to accept the results of the vote on the treaty by both the people and the Dail, instead helping instigate a civil war
    Founded Fianna Fail and bought guns into the Dail during the hand over of power.
    The disastrous Economic War with Britain.
    The role of religion in the constitution.
    Keeping us completely out of WW2, probably one of the most justifiable wars, and instead commiserating on the death of Hitler, when it would have been easy for us to declare once the USA arrived, or in 1945 along with nearly every other nation on the planet. Managed to help keep Ireland backwards after the war when the rest of the west was enjoying a boom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Ryan tubridy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭obliviousgrudge

Steven Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭Riddle101

geespot wrote: »
    collins divided ireland and then used guns and tanks supplied by brits to kill fellow irish men he was a scumbag

Now now, it was the british who divided Ireland, not Collins. As for killing other Irish men, well I'm afraid both side were accountable for that so laying the blame on Collins is absurd.

Also I don't think Britain supplied Collins with Tanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

John Charles McQuaid.

He was that Archbishop dude, right?

Heard a quote about him once.

Somebody said that "he had a smile like moonlight glinting off a tombstone".

Classic!:D

Edit, Why oh why is that crook Haughey not on the poll???

Also, what harm did Diarmuid Gavin do to the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Leroy Lita

Michael Collins was a scumbag???:rolleyes:
    are you for real???? you actually think Michael Collins divided Ireland?
    do you actually think the English would have given us the whole of Ireland if someone else other than Collins went over to London to negotiate the treaty?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

Why are Gerry Adams and Charles J Haughey not in the poll, enough posters referred to them to surely merit inclusion ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Dermot MacMurrough, greatest traitor in Irish history

He was ousted as King of Leinster and invited over Richard FitzGilbert de Clare, better known as Strongbow over for military help.
    Henry II later arrived and so begin the 800 years.
    They didn't invade provoked, they were invited over by a power hungry chieftan!

Honorable mention to Leonard McNally, backstabbing lawyer who was a paid informer for the British. Represented 1798 rebels and Robert Emmet and sold his defence brief to the the prosecution. So sending men to the gallows

Without the Normans coming over, a ton of us wouldn't exist.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

You know nothing of real Irish history to make such a weak statement!

Shame on you friend..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

There are at least 2 people on that list that were just named as a joke....... Bono,stephen Eire,Roy Keane :D

And where is haughey??

A jackass of a pole imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Joe. F*cking. Duffy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Hard to pick from such a collection of scumbags.

Larry Murphy should be skinned alive. That cùnt doesn't deserve to be around.

Bertie is another cùnt, brought this country to it's knees and, like the rat that he is, fled the sinking ship leaving Cowen and Co. to take the (majority) of the blame. I'd punch him if I even saw him in the Dole queue.

Dermot MacMurragh. Ok, so he's been dead for a few years but we can't forget the scumbaggery of his actions, dirty bastard!

Haughey should be here too, the mangey aul fùcker!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Why is Diarmuid Gavin in the poll:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Bertie Ahern

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

i'm going for Dev, an obnoxious c'unt who knew his actions would devastate ireland. a typical example of a me feiner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Why is Diarmuid Gavin in the poll:confused:

Cos he talks funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Whoever started the fire in the four courts public records office in 1922, during the battle of Dublin. destroying 1000 years of records.

Dermot MacMurragh also.

i'm going for Dev, an obnoxious c'unt who knew his actions would devastate ireland. a typical example of a me feiner.

..and also for starting the trend of teachers thinking that they'd make good politicians. They're all at it now.

Without the Normans coming over, a ton of us wouldn't exist.

We would, but with different genes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭minichunkies

You see.

Bertie, Bono, Haughey and the likes are useless. How do you define worst though? There are different levels of it.

I'd rather Haughey took my money than have Fr. Brendan Smyth anally penetrate me with his penis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Ray Foley wrote: »
    You see.

Bertie, Bono, Haughey and the likes are useless. How do you define worst though? There are different levels of it.

I'd rather Haughey took my money than have Fr. Brendan Smyth anally penetrate me with his penis.

Everybody fears a zombie paedo alright.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

CoalBucket wrote: »
    Is paisley irish ?
    newmug wrote: »
    Yes. He is, despite his desire not to be. So are all unionists. They are the equivalent of native Nazi sympathizers in occupied countries. That is partially why they are despised so much.
    KeithAFC wrote: »
    And you wonder why the famous slogan exists..

Havent a scooby doo what you're on about. Tell us this slogan.
    KeithAFC wrote: »
    Of course you do. Comparing the Unionist people to Nazis when it was the republic who invited Nazi generals into their country and give them homes.
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiggghttttt. Slogan or GTFO

No slogan forthcoming. My point still stands. Paisley is Irish whether he likes it or not. He's as british as Robert DeNiro is Italian. He should be on the list.

And as for bono, I'm not sure. I think himself and geldoff have profited more themselves from all this "humanitarian" stuff than the intended beneficiaries. They may not deserve a place on this poll, but all you bono lovers just cant see through him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Cos he talks funny.
    So does almost everyone in the poll!
    No bankers up there despite them being mentioned several times in the thread and yet a minor celeb gardener is included:confused:
    OP did he overcharge you when he put in your rockery or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Qwert1

No Haughey, no Sean FitzPatrick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Gay Byrne.

The Aul Bollox.

So does almost everyone in the poll!
    No bankers up there despite them being mentioned several times in the thread and yet a minor celeb gardener is included:confused:
    OP did he overcharge you when he put in your rockery or something?

He must have been dishing the dirt on the OP when he did the rockery.

Perhaps the OP listens funny and misunderstood him because he talks funny.

Bankers should have their own list, because there are so many of the bastards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

We would, but with different genes!

True there would be no wrangler wearing culchies!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Bono!!! I've just really had it for him ever since the greatest hits CD & special guest appearances on The Simpsons

• Registered Users Posts: 41 irjudge

Ahern was first name into my head.

He had the talent to do good, but he chose the dark side the Bast*rd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

what about that Tony Walsh! rock n roll priest who liked to impersonate elvis and molest youngfellas like some sort of parish fonze banging young boys with the collar of his leather jacket turned up :cool: straight out of an episode of Fr Ted could'nt have scripted it - er, worse.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Ali Babba

Star Bingo wrote: »
    what about that Tony Walsh! rock n roll priest who liked to impersonate elvis and molest youngfellas like some sort of parish fonze banging young boys with the collar of his leather jacket turned up :cool: straight out of an episode of Fr Ted could'nt have scripted it - er, worse.

Or Father Filth as he was affectionately known...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Bertie is way out in front. I think not having Haughey in it has meant the vote isn't split.

Ridiculous that Sean Fitzpatrick isn't in it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

For my money it would be Haughey, Betie the Bastard, or that pair of lying cunts, Little and Large (Lenihan and Cowen) because they are the fuckers that have directly impacted my life.

+1000.

I voted Bertie, since Lenihan wasn't on the list.
    I firmly believe, though, that history will show Lenihans blanket guarantee scheme to have done untold damage to Ireland - with ramifications for the rest of Europe - that will take generations to undo.

Having said that - if Bertie hasn't started the ball rolling, Lenihan wouldn't have been able to do as much damage.

Time will tell.

Noreen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

Bono a thousand times, I hate bono with the fury of a thousand suns going supernova together.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Japer

Cowen + Ahern are on it, and I am far from a fan of either, but how come other Irish politicians like Adams are not on the list ? Was he not implicated in being head of the IRA in the early seventies in Belfast, and thought to have had a part in the murder + disappearance of Jean McColville , one of the disappeared ? How quick people forget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭Dionysus

After Dermot MacMurrough has been named, I'm not sure how anyone can say Bertie with a straight face.

This thread is about the worst in history - not a list of people we don't like.

Bertie doesn't come close to making the cut.

He tops the cut, actually. We are living in a very historic period. And Bertie Ahern is the person who presided over this state up until four months before the crash in 2008. As for Diarmaid Mac Murchadha, his seeking of outside support for his war was not that uncommon in 12th-century Ireland, or indeed 12th-century Europe. Unknown to many people, Tostig, earl of Northumbria, had similarly invited the Normans to England in 1066 to help him take on his brother, Harold Godwinson, the last crowned Anglo-Saxon King of England.

At any rate, it was the later sixteenth-century/seventeenth-century conquest against both Gaeil and Seanghaill which is the cause of the modern conflict. By that time the vast majority of those of Norman descent had culturally become Hiberniores Hibernis ipsis (more Irish than the Irish themselves).

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Japer wrote: »
    Cowen + Ahern are on it, and I am far from a fan of either, but how come other Irish politicians like Adams are not on the list ? Was he not implicated in being head of the IRA in the early seventies in Belfast, and thought to have had a part in the murder + disappearance of Jean McColville , one of the disappeared ? How quick people forget.

How the hell should Adams be on it? Jean McConville's death and disappearance was tragic and should never have happened, but how is the rest bad? In that case, should Wolfe Tone, Emmett, Collins, Pierce etc. be on it? Correct me if I'm wrong, but was Adams also not one of the supporters of the GFA, the single biggest positive advance in Irish history since the Treaty?
    Dionysus wrote: »
    He tops the cut, actually. We are living in a very historic period. And Bertie Ahern is the person who presided over this state up until four months before the crash in 2008. As for Diarmaid Mac Murchadha, his seeking of outside support for his war was not that uncommon in 12th-century Ireland, or indeed 12th-century Europe. Unknown to many people, Tostig, earl of Northumbria, had similarly invited the Normans to England in 1066 to help him take on his brother, Harold Godwinson, the last crowned Anglo-Saxon King of England.

At any rate, it was the later sixteenth-century/seventeenth-century conquest against both Gaeil and Seanghaill which is the cause of the modern conflict. By that time the vast majority of those of Norman descent had culturally become Hiberniores Hibernis ipsis (more Irish than the Irish themselves).

Yea, but that would never have happened if there weren't norman descendants here in the first place to bring to heel for the crown.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

new options added, as requested to the poll

donfers wrote: »
    new options added, as requested to the poll

Too bad I already voted. :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Japer

How the hell should Adams be on it? Jean McConville's death and disappearance was tragic and should never have happened, but how is the rest bad?
    Erm, was the leader of the PIRA responsible for anything else in seventies Belfast ? Ever hear of bloody Friday, for example ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement