Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've Started So I'll Finish...

Options
  • 04-12-2010 1:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭

Do you know what's really irritating? When you are writing the most epic of posts to end all arguments on the thread and the on the internet and you submit it to see; 'Sorry, this thread closed!'

Just wondering if it were possible to have the thread closed after posts currently being written, submitted, then have the thread closed?

Or even to have a warning pop up to say 'Thread closing in T-30 seconds' or something like that. Yeah that'd be better as someone could have a dialogue box open for ever just to act the maggot.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Thats happened to me so many times lately!
    Its even worse when you're on the mobile and have spent twenty minutes trying to explain your arguement and the thread is closed just as you post:mad:

I like the idea of a countdown warning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Yeah it's the pits on a mobile too as it doesn't say that the thread is closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

If Biko hadn't changed his name there'd be a good ironic joke to be made in here somewhere. Harumph. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I was writing an epic closing statement in AH yesterday only to see "Invalid thread" when I tried posting it.
    Dr B has closed the thread with his own closing post, cancelling mine.
    I feel you pain Windsock.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

worlds-smallest-violin.jpg

Haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Violins never solved anything.

I'd like to see something like this but from a technical point of view it's probably impractical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

worlds-smallest-violin.jpg

Haha

My, what a big hand you have.

Advertisement