Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barry's Tea Christmas Ad...

• 04-12-2010 2:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Can anyone in the radio world tell me if this is being broadcast this year? I had a recording of it on MP3 and can't dig it out - it's awesome and I've got some people I'd love to hear it - it's the one with the train set!

J.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

I thought about the same thing myself yesterday. Hopefully it will be broadcast this year, maybe we'll hear it Monday morning. I have a recording if you want to drop a PM with your email, I'll send it on to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I saw this on youtube before, but something has gone wrong with it .. Only the first 19 seconds are played even though the purported length of the video is right.. :confused: It was fine cos I looked it up last year..

Apparently Peter Caffrey, who voiced it, died a few years ago..

This is my personal favourite christmas ad, which has certain similarities..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

Have emailed mp3 to OP.

Yeah Peter Caffrey died a few years back. What a wonderful voice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭Cole

I remember Peter Caffrey in the movie "I Went Down", great performance.

It's no reflection on him but I absolutely hate this ad. A company using contrived sentimentality to try and flog their product. Barry's are not unique in this practice but this is the most nauseating example of it, imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

If there is a Hell, I imagine this ad is featured on an infinite repeat loop on the devil's own tannoy system.

Choo-choo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Its a great ad, i hope the ray darcy show play there christmas ad. "my dad had santa's phone number"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Wertz wrote: »
    If there is a Hell, I imagine this ad is featured on an infinite repeat loop on the devil's own tannoy system.

Choo-choo.

I have to agree.

It was good when I heard it first, pleasant the second time and nice when I heard it for the third time.
    Thats a lot better than most ads get.

Now its just bloody annoying whenever it is aired.

I mean come on, "Doesn't bate Banagher". Nice once or twice but FFS lets not make it an annual thing.

How about some annual imagination ?

Advertisement