Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Unofficial Jizzlers Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

MavisDavis wrote: »
    Pygmalion will not be best pleased! Wait, we're not a couple either..

We're not :eek:

Damn, I guess I should cancel the wedding arrangements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Aoibheann wrote: »
    Hold on, let me put on some really loud, clompy boots, practice shouting at the top of my voice and I shall drama-llama for you all..

.. But I don't want to leave.. :(

You could do a like.. Leave and come back cos you "forgot your keys" or something.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    You could do a like.. Leave and come back cos you "forgot your keys" or something.. :pac:

That would clearly be the greatest exit of all time. Noel, I can't take all the glory for this, we both need to stomp out of here then return to jointly claim the reward! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

Pygmalion wrote: »
    We're not :eek:

Damn, I guess I should cancel the wedding arrangements.

Or are we...?

Seems a shame to cancel the wedding when you had your dress picked and everything.

Also, the awards listed by IO sound good.

That would clearly be the greatest exit of all time. Noel, I can't take all the glory for this, we both need to stomp out of here then return to jointly claim the reward! :D

Ok.. Here goes.

I'M LEAVING YOU GUYS
    I am sick of all of this love for me and I cannot take one more minute of it because I am going to be sick.

*Gets interrupted by Kanye West*

"Yo Noel.. Im'a let you finish, but Aoibheann totally deserves to exit first"

*NOEL STOMPS AWAY IN ANGER, NEVER TO RETURN!*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

... <3

Noel for best ANYTHING, lads. That post deserves an award, surely?! :p

... <3

Noel for best ANYTHING, lads. That post deserves an award, surely?! :p

I'm back.. I forgot my er.. hairdryer..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

How about this for a list so?
    Best Thread -
    Funniest poster -
    Best Taste in Music -
    Best Mod -
    Best Beard -
    Poster you'd least like to be stuck in a lift with -
    The Niceguy award for nicest poster -
    The Lifetime Achievement Award for services to C+H –
    Should be a couple?
    Best newcomer
    Best playpen intro
    Best younger poster
    Most creative poster (art/music/drawing/baking/cooking/fashion/etc)

That's 13 categories, one for every year you'd need (minimum) to register on Boards! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Who is doing it: Deise or Me?

How about this for a list so?

That's 13 categories, one for every year you'd need (minimum) to register on Boards! :p

At least it doesn't have "Best Arse" in it! :P
    But yeah that should be the final list! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Insect, perfect tbh :)

unknown13 wrote: »
    Who is doing it: Deise or Me?

I for one anyways vote Deise 'cos one day she's gonna be president and she can look back and thank me for this by making me a vice president...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    I for one anyways vote Deise 'cos one day she's gonna be president and she can look back and thank me for this by making me a vice president...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

unknown13 wrote: »
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

..Sorry for having an opinion. :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

How does this work? Is it that somebody comes up with possible nominations, and then we vote? Or is it decided by a 'panel', as such?

I should win the most confused n00b award :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

How does this work? Is it that somebody comes up with possible nominations, and then we vote? Or is it decided by a 'panel', as such?

Last year we had nominations fairly early, then a poll for each was made, private so only the mods and I think organiser could see results.
    Then on the last day of voting we all got into our PJs and stayed up all night with our girl-friends eating popcorn and ice-cream and watching that dreamy Bob guy reveal the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Somebody ran a stall selling food as well. I ordered cola bottles and was not disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I bought a souvenir t-shirt which I'm having dry cleaned in preparation for the ceremony

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Last year we:
    1. came up with categories
    2. started a thread with open nominations for all categories
    3. started new threads with polls containing short-lists of nominees for each award
    4. kept the results of the polls secret, then posted the winners in a dedicated awards ceremony thread!
    :)

Check it out, Knife Wrench Insect Overlord and Piste kicking Mohammar Qadaffi in the butt. A timeless classic. Now two for a dollar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Ooh woo! I missed these last year :( Had a good laugh reading back over the thread though!

I'm gunna throw some superstition in the mix there and say WHYYY 13??

I'd put back in nerdiest poster, best sig, and throw out the younger one (discrimination eh? :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Nerdiest poster ought to stay in my opinion. Sure where would we be without nerds? Back in not-existing because we were all too dumb to live, that's where.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Yeah, nerdiest poster is quite a good one. And there'll be plenty of nominees....

I want it there for all those poor posters (Davidius etc) who are just never going to win the best poster, funniest poster, etc. Then they can fight it out in maths terms while we all cringe at the nerdiness :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I want it there for all those poor posters (Davidius etc) who are just never going to win the best poster, funniest poster, etc. Then they can fight it out in maths terms while we all cringe at the nerdiness :cool:
    I'm going to nominate you now.

Davidius wrote: »

My plan is working :cool:

I want a Jizzler!

I think there should be a "dirtiest poster" award, to properly commemorate the Jizzler title...

Davidius wrote: »

Yera sure, she's training to be a doctor.. What a nerd lyk!!11

I think there should be a "dirtiest poster" award, to properly commemorate the Jizzler title...

'Hottest Mom' award?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Ooh yay I missed them last year.

I think those 13 sound pretty good to me, although I am quite found of QoL's most nerdy idea.

Advertisement