Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Unofficial Jizzlers Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Ok so host can be part of our nominations so seeing as it's abit awkward :) (bleh, i feel like i'm rushing things sorry! :o) when can we start? I'm excited!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Ok so host can be part of our nominations so seeing as it's abit awkward :) (bleh, i feel like i'm rushing things sorry! :o) when can we start? I'm excited!

Yera sure maybe if we can get a poll stuck up here with all the recommendations! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Start now! Now I say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

I agree, since more than one person is up for host might as well have a vote for it, same way we decide the awards.

Should probably announce who's the host a bit beforehand though to give them time to prepare. (Assuming that voting is private again this year, which IMO it should be)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Pygmalion wrote: »
    I agree, since more than one person is up for host might as well have a vote for it, same way we decide the awards.

Should probably announce who's the host a bit beforehand though to give them time to prepare. (Assuming that voting is private again this year, which IMO it should be)

Ermmm s'okay though coz the next step is the public nominations where we get a few names to throw into the private polls?
    So for the host we can just have the public nomination and then the winner will just do it and set up the priv polls for the other categories! :)

And lads yea I have no bothers doing it..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Seeing as I've effectively ruled myself out of running the show, can I start the nominations thread and stuff? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Doesn't the host need to be the creator of the other threads, so they can see the poll results..? So wouldn't we need to have decided on the host before all that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Seeing as I've effectively ruled myself out of running the show, can I start the nominations thread and stuff? :)

Its weird to have you asking permission to do something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Go aheads sure someone has to take control! :P

Aoibheann wrote: »
    Doesn't the host need to be the creator of the other threads, so they can see the poll results..? So wouldn't we need to have decided on the host before all that?

Mhmm thats what I was saying but before we do the polls we have the public nominations where people say what people they want as options in the polls.
    For the host we can just have the nomination stage but have that as the final stage, the person with the most nominations does it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

Oh this is all so exciting!

Nomination threads can be started by anyone (so IO would be grand), then we elect a host, and they start the polls.

That or we could have a mod or otherwise trusted third-party (someone not running for anything) start the polls on the condition they don't give away results.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Yes.

Best Beard - Past-Pygmalion

I take offence to this, it's back for a while.

Pygmalion wrote: »
    I take offence to this, it's back for a while.

I apologise, I didn't spot that. I haven't been around as much in the past few months. >.>

Should be a couple -soccymonster and Noel2k9

Timbuk!!! ^^^^
    :pac:

Best Beard - Pygmalion. Does anybody else have a beard? :P
    ]

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

In the nominations thread can we put down more than one nominee for each award? Few categories there in which a multitude of users come into mind (of course you'd have to select just one in the actual polls but I'd rather leave that til then...).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Konata wrote: »
    Besy everything: KONATA

;)

LOL! Nice new name, besy everything evar! :pac:

Multiple nominations is fine, but I'd say the real votes will be one vote per person per category.

Aoibheann wrote:
    Poster you'd least like to be stuck in a lift with - gonnaplayrugby. No way is he getting his bit from me!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Just realised what my glaring omission was -.-

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

unknown13 wrote: »
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

What? :pac:

Unknown13, you took me out of you're stuck in a lift nomination. I'm so flattered. :P

Poster you'd least like to be stuck in a lift with - Also Pygmalion. It's the maths

That is why, I had to nominate them.

Unknown13, you took me out of you're stuck in a lift nomination. I'm so flattered. :P

Yeah, we could talk about football and about how better Spurs are compared to Man City. Then I will end up reminding you of that Glorious day in May, when Peter Crouch got the ball onto his head and stuck it in the back of the net in Eastlands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Besy everything ftepicw :P

Also Konata ftw! YAY!

unknown13 wrote: »
    Yeah, we could talk about football and about how better Spurs are compared to Man City. Then I will end up reminding you of that Glorious day in May, when Peter Crouch got the ball onto his head and stuck it in the back of the net in Eastlands.

And I'd just sit there and dream of a certain 4-3 FA cup comeback. :pac:

And I'd just sit there and dream of a certain 4-3 FA cup comeback. :pac:

FA Cup > Champions League. While I am at it can I have a prediction for Spurs / Twente tomorrow night? :p:p:p

Host - Ah sure, 'twas deise_girl's doing. Gotta be her! :)

It was Bobs doing -__-

But like shurrrrr Clem will give me a hand :)

• Advertisement

deise_girl wrote: »
    It was Bobs doing -__-

But like shurrrrr Clem will give me a hand :)

and don't worry, ill always be by your side in times of trouble <3

Advertisement