Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Unofficial Jizzlers Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

unknown13 wrote: »
    Wasn't that DR idiot that made the IRC go under password protection in the first case.

Yeah, Gonnaplayrugby has been linked to the initials DR a few times around here...

>_>

<_<

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

DR deserved it. That was a great day in the South County Dublin forum when the Admins struck down the ban hammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Sorry ole QueenOfLeon, of all the nominees to forget for the niceguy award. :-/ Thanks for everything this year, forgotten nominee. :')

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

jumpguy wrote: »
    Sorry ole QueenOfLeon, of all the nominees to forget for the niceguy award. :-/ Thanks for everything this year, forgotten nominee. :')

ye've still got should be a couple :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I am honoured and etc that I have been nominated for anything but especially for person you wouldn't like to be stuck in a lift with. It's been my lifetimes wish and I'm incredibly grateful. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

jumpguy wrote: »

D'awwwww :D at first I thought you were giving out to me for not nominating you for that...I thought you were better suited to best beard tbh ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    I am honoured and etc that I have been nominated for anything but especially for person you wouldn't like to be stuck in a lift with. It's been my lifetimes wish and I'm incredibly grateful. :P
    You really deserve it, and I hope you get it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Eeeeeem.. I'm being nominated for this couple shizz a lot.. :confused: haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    No it was the other idiot

....I'm not sure who that was aimed at (well, I am....but not 100%), but please don't flamebait other users on this forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

JIZZLERS, WOO!

:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Jackobyte? Who he? :confused:

:P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

deise_girl wrote: »
    Okay so ermmm I guess thats the nominations part of it done, cheers for your nominating folks.

Without further a due Ill start making the polls, please gumdrops I do it properly..

Well it'll be a few mins coz I have to count up the nominations first :)
    Also I dont know if it applies to anything but the max you can have in a poll is 25 so if any category has only 25 nominees, well the person/people with the least will have to sit out, apologies.
    :)

Ohh BTW thanks for voting me as your host :P
    Forgot that part >.< Get ready for bad puns, One Direction obsessing, terrible spelling, etcetc :)
    Okay I totally under estimated how long it would take to count them up, "a few mins".. Over 2 hours :P So yea I have it all wrote up and shizz but Ill make the polls tomorrow coz I gotta ask a mod about something and if I wait until tomorrow Ill have time how I want it to be done out :P (Im still mulling things over)
    So yea by this time tomorrow you should be able to vote for your peeps!
    And any further things I have to say about the Jizzlers as a whole Ill say here in the unoffical place :)
    For each poll instead of that weird atari jaguar thingy ma bob option, put in a name of a member of the band :P
    >>
    <<

...to be original like
    Its not even funny how much I love this idea >.< Though I can see myself clicking this option for each poll... >_< :pac:

I know :o
    I can see myself clicking on 'Louis Tomlinson for Funniest Poster' or 'Harry Styles for Best Beard'.. Or 'soccymonster and Niall Horan should be a couple award' *cough* ><

God damnit!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

My name is different now... It feels weird, but better :P so if anyone was planning on voting for me keep that in mind...if ye were. :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

slow show wrote: »
    My name is different now... It feels weird, but better :P so if anyone was planning on voting for me keep that in mind...if ye were. :P

Is that... Is that Xx_Emma_xX?!

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Mollikins

No, it's actually Jumpguy IO. He got all shy and scared when he saw the thread dedicated to him and applied for a name change. Couldn't handle the pressure the poor thing.

:pac:

It is actually Xx_emma_xX.

slow show wrote: »

Emmerz, you'll always have those x's to me!!! Cool name though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Let us never speak of that name again! :P (yeah, it's me)

Lads, in case we're not able to have a poll that stays private, and this is something which is looking increasingly likely, do you have any ideas how else we could do this?

We could do it by PM but this is very unfair and difficult for Deise, so we need to come up with something better.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Couldn't Deise go through a mod to set up a private poll, and then collect the results off that mod?

Actually, deise should just be made a mod (even temporarily :P)

Couldn't Deise go through a mod to set up a private poll, and then collect the results off that mod?

Actually, deise should just be made a mod (even temporarily :P)

The problem seems to be that mods can no longer do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

The talk of letting deise moderate for a bit makes me think of when Pighead was given access to Prison, anyone remember? :pac:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

The problem seems to be that mods can no longer do this.

Oh right! I just tried over in the Google Earth forum (I'm a Hmod there) and I couldn't do it either (although I could 'set' the amounts of votes for various options, which is a strange feature). I'm not sure then - possibly get one of the Mods to post in the Mod forum and ask there. Might be a bit awkward to go through admins though.

I don't suppose making Deise an admin is an option :P

Lads, in case we're not able to have a poll that stays private, and this is something which is looking increasingly likely.
    Why though?

Default option is private on polls, unless you tick to make it publicly viewable who has voted for whom?

Oh right! I just tried over in the Google Earth forum (I'm a Hmod there) and I couldn't do it either (although I could 'set' the amounts of votes for various options, which is a strange feature). I'm not sure then - possibly get one of the Mods to post in the Mod forum and ask there. Might be a bit awkward to go through admins though.

I don't suppose making Deise an admin is an option :P

We did ask an admin in IRC. She didn't think admins could do it, you know, outside of getting one of the developers to mess around.

I was thinking we could use an external poll service?

Why though?

Default option is private on polls, unless you tick to make it publicly viewable who has voted for whom?

No. We don't want users to be able to see who's in the lead after they have voted. The idea is that the results are secret until the awards 'ceremony'.

Why though?

No but the results will still show. The tick to make public option actually displays the names of the people who have voted. Having the results visible kinda spoils the surprise.

Conorstuff, an external poll service is an excellent idea. A few of my lecturers used them for module evaluations. One of them used www.zoomerang.com - haven't a clue if it's any good or not!

Pygmalion has pointed out though, that either you can have people able to double-vote, or people have to register.

PM'ing may be the only way.

• Advertisement

No. We don't want users to be able to see who's in the lead after they have voted. The idea is that the results are secret until the awards 'ceremony'.
    Ah, sorry ... I misunderstood what you meant by private!

Advertisement