Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking 4 someone who can reball 360 in Louth or Dublin north.

Options
  • 04-12-2010 4:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

Hi everyone.

I have a RROD 360 that I'm interested in getting reballed. I've heard this is the best way to fix them, if that is indeed the problem in the first place of course.

Also as a side note, just been reading up on jtag, and if my console can be fixed I'd also be interested in getting it jtag'd at the same time.

Let me know and thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Can you tell us the secondary code
    http://m.xbox-experts.com/errorcodes.php

Turn the box on and getting red lights, hold the sync button and keep it pressed in.
    Whilst keeping it pressed in, press the eject button once and remember the number of lights. Do that another 3 times.
    4 lights is 0, 1 light is 1, 2 lights is 2, 3 lights is 3.

It's a 4 digit code.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

well first of all you may as well just have it reflowed the price of a reball is going to be near enough the price of a new console.
    Reball isnt worth doing unless you can do it yourself or know somebody who will do it on the cheap for you.
    reflow is the second best fix and as long as you keep the console cool it will plug away for a long time after the fix.
    I do a reflow on the consoles I fix.
    just whoever you get to do it make sure they use a bga rework station and NOT a heat gun because that will do more long term damage than good.
    And make sure they don't put one of these "kits" http://www.youtube.com/lawdawg0931?gl=GB&hl=en-GB in they do more damage than good aswell, either have them put the original x clamps back in or have them do this http://xbox-experts.com/tutorial/team-hybrids-ultimate-xclamp-fix-released/ either one is good hybrid seems better im sort of torn between the two myself and leaning towards the hybrid.
    and on the jtag hack not all xbox 360s can do it you must be below the 7371 (i think thats the one) dash.
    meaning you wont have played on xbox live after the july 09 update or played any games released after that date

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭thenightrider

Im in louth i can do a reflow but reballing is big money there is also lots of lads in north dublin that can do it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Reballing is around €60 and would be worth it if you definitely know you have a JTAGable console. Other than that a cheap reflow should get you out of a fix but failing that I'd suggest a new console :)

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

Hi All, thanks for comments and replies, much appreciated, some good info and points made there. Still looking for sum1 to do a reball for me, if anyone wants to write here publicly or pm me that would be great thanks. Also a few questions and replies to:

@ TouchingVirus

You say €60 is how it would cost much for a reball. I would happily pay €60 to have my elite 360 back in working condition even though its not jtag'able. Keen to get my box working as good as humanly possible. Later I can jtag an older machine, mod the heck out of it, and have it reballed. Let me know if you can help me get this sorted out. Cheers TV

@Jimbobjoeyman

I had already ordered one of the 'spring and nylon washer kits' with the rubbing alcohol & thermal paste yokes off ebay but luckily it hadn't arrived yet, so didn't use. I will order one of the 'xtreme hybrid' mods shown on the site you linked to. Looks pretty similar in concept, except of much better quality, safer and more effective. Was just looking BGA workstation reflows up on the net after reading your post, seems advanced and the nerd in my likes :) I would be interested in finding sum1 who can reflow on a BGA station provided I can't find a reballer within budget (or at all). Reballing seems more expensive and harder to find, but better if you can afford it, right. So maybe you can recommend anyone who does reballing, or bga reflows, that I could try talking to? Also how much I should be expecting to pay for good quality reasonable priced service?

@Niallo26
    Thanks for your message dude I'll let you know when I get the error code after I get some cooling fix that I want to use arriving in the mail and reassemble my xbox its in bits right now.

@thenightrider
    Thanks dude, I'm looking for someone who uses a BGA workstation to do the reflow (not a heatgunner) so if you know anyone let me know.

p.s. pardon the late reply been away in Sweden for the past few days, if you think the snow is bad here you should check it out there, snow a meter deep in most places no bother :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

I wonder if reballing with lead solder instead of lead-free woud make it last longer

illicit007 wrote: »
    Hi All, thanks for comments and replies, much appreciated, some good info and points made there. Still looking for sum1 to do a reball for me, if anyone wants to write here publicly or pm me that would be great thanks. Also a few questions and replies to:

@ TouchingVirus

You say €60 is how it would cost much for a reball. I would happily pay €60 to have my elite 360 back in working condition even though its not jtag'able. Keen to get my box working as good as humanly possible. Later I can jtag an older machine, mod the heck out of it, and have it reballed. Let me know if you can help me get this sorted out. Cheers TV

@Jimbobjoeyman

I had already ordered one of the 'spring and nylon washer kits' with the rubbing alcohol & thermal paste yokes off ebay but luckily it hadn't arrived yet, so didn't use. I will order one of the 'xtreme hybrid' mods shown on the site you linked to. Looks pretty similar in concept, except of much better quality, safer and more effective. Was just looking BGA workstation reflows up on the net after reading your post, seems advanced and the nerd in my likes :) I would be interested in finding sum1 who can reflow on a BGA station provided I can't find a reballer within budget (or at all). Reballing seems more expensive and harder to find, but better if you can afford it, right. So maybe you can recommend anyone who does reballing, or bga reflows, that I could try talking to? Also how much I should be expecting to pay for good quality reasonable priced service?

@Niallo26
    Thanks for your message dude I'll let you know when I get the error code after I get some cooling fix that I want to use arriving in the mail and reassemble my xbox its in bits right now.

@thenightrider
    Thanks dude, I'm looking for someone who uses a BGA workstation to do the reflow (not a heatgunner) so if you know anyone let me know.

p.s. pardon the late reply been away in Sweden for the past few days, if you think the snow is bad here you should check it out there, snow a meter deep in most places no bother :)
    shameless plug here but maybe I could do it for you :D
    35 euro + return shipping
    And I'll install the hybrid kit for you if you send it with the xbox.
    wont be able to do it for maybe a week or more though because the heating element in my rework station is knackered and im waiting for a new one but god only knows how long it would take because of this weather.
    can you tell me what the secondary error code is
    heres a tutorial on how to get it http://www.xbox-experts.co.uk/tutorial/secondary-error-code/

if you get someone local to do it i wouldnt pay anymore than 45 and thats stretching it

@justryan
    I've read someone from here mention that. I've also read it around the place. I understand it in a way because I used to soldier with lead soldier and it was nice and easy to work with. The new solder seems to crack more and isn't as mailable so I totally believe it likely to be true. Thats why I'd like to find someone ultimately who does lead solder reball / reballing for a decent price and within travelling distance. So far found plenty of jtag service and one good solder flow in limerick, but looking closer to dublin or louth or meath :)
    on a side note, word up to all the members that wrote the tuts on 360 mods and repairs on boards. loads of info out there, and I've learn't a lot the last few hours reading the posts and stickys so cheers

@Jimbobjoeyman
    actually your my best chance at this stage. I respect your knowledge and thats a good price so you pretty much got yourself a deal there. Fastway couriers do €7.35 per satchel + Vat for all Ireland. So all up works out so far.
    Btw the way its not a shameless plug mate I was asking for someone to sort me out so cheers :)

I'll keep my eye out for reballer in the meantime out of curiousity, and read up more about 360 modding. All I've done before is fit a mod chip and do i-xtreme firmware hacks, ps2, original xbox, pcs, routers, but not as much as you fellas. Coming up with crafty ways to fix MS broken game console haha :) Mean time let me know when you're up and running with the heating element again.

I think docentore might be able to assist with a reball, I remember he posted a picture of a GPU taken off a motherboard that he got reballed with Pb (lead, not lead-free) solder.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Lads, if you are offering a reball service, why not list it the services sticky? The OP would have found it straight away then, and god knows how many others. It saves on threadss filling up with 'xyz can/will do it for you'.

It's not actually docentore offering it I don't think, otherwise it'd most likely be posted up in the services sticky already :) there was a guy here shilling his business called consolepro who did the reball too but he got a siteban for the shills.

It's not actually docentore offering it I don't think, otherwise it'd most likely be posted up in the services sticky already :) there was a guy here shilling his business called consolepro who did the reball too but he got a siteban for the shills.

Yeah I think it's Docentore's mate or something isn't it? All in all though, I think I'd prefer if we had one place for mods/reballs etc. Kinetic created that sticky for this exact purpose I guess, and having it spill out onto the forum is grand now as it's not a common request, but if it continues on it should probably be confined to the services offered sticky.

EnterNow wrote: »
    Yeah I think it's Docentore's mate or something isn't it? All in all though, I think I'd prefer if we had one place for mods/reballs etc. Kinetic created that sticky for this exact purpose I guess, and having it spill out onto the forum is grand now as it's not a common request, but if it continues on it should probably be confined to the services offered sticky.

that sticky isnt really for repair though its more for modding.
    Maybe a mod could make sticky on the console modding forum,xbox forum or playstation forum for repair services reflows and reballs etc,
    people looking at the forums would know exactly where to go then without opening a new thread.

I'd love to be able to reflow/reball myself. It's something I've been thinking about looking into which I might do over Christmas. There's no way I'm paying a heap of money for kit though, something small will do for the hobbyist in me. I could revive some old boards here and sell them off to make the money back for the kit, then live on a desert island with tequila and Scarlet :D

that sticky isnt really for repair though its more for modding.
    Maybe a mod could make sticky on the console modding forum,xbox forum or playstation forum for repair services reflows and reballs etc,
    people looking at the forums would know exactly where to go then without opening a new thread.

That, or rename the existing thread. I'm very aware of the dangers of too many sticky's, sticky blindness I think they call it :D I'll take your point on board though :)

I'd love to be able to reflow/reball myself. It's something I've been thinking about looking into which I might do over Christmas. There's no way I'm paying a heap of money for kit though, something small will do for the hobbyist in me. I could revive some old boards here and sell them off to make the money back for the kit.

Now we're talking, make sure & let us know how you get on :)

Ok I've renamed the thread as a trial, if it gets messy I'll revert it & look at other options with Witnessmenow. So reball services can go there, inside any posters existing post. X-clamp fixes, RROD's etc can all go there too.

Would it be possible to ask the powers that be to review the edit post timelimit in this forum?

I can't edit posts older than 1 week or so, so any time I want to mod prices or add in new stuff to the modding services post of mine, or when I want to update the JTAG Guide I can't and have to ask a mod to do it.

Would it be possible to ask the powers that be to review the edit post timelimit in this forum?

I can't edit posts older than 1 week or so, so any time I want to mod prices or add in new stuff to the modding services post of mine, or when I want to update the JTAG Guide I can't and have to ask a mod to do it.

As far as I know, that's not specific to this forum, and more a general useage stipulation thats sitewide. I'll certainly ask the question for you though.

• Advertisement

Yes I was looking for consolepro as he's the only person I found that has talked about reballing but looks like he's gone now. Its a pity that maybe we lost the only guy who's ever come along and openly offered reballing services on boards. Will wait and see what Docentore has to say about it if he may be able to point me in the right direction.

@Enternow - Yea I looked at that sticky to try and find sum1 but it seemed mainly for jtag and firmware mods etc. Good to see its open now to repair services too, just have to get people to be able to add their repair services to their posts now...

@TouchingVirus - if you could look into reballing it would be awesome. I think a lot of people on here would be pretty excited to give it a go and see how boxs hold up with lead solder reball and rrod rates after that! Imagine jtag machines that last for years and years happily ever after :)

btw whatever happens I'll let you guys know what I find along the way cheers (p.s. TV I'll give you a bottle of Tequila or two to go towards your desert island day dream)

I will be investing in one of these shortly http://www.aoyue.com/en/732_Details.html, apparently its the best rework station you can get and it is specially made for PS3, Xbox 360 motherboards. I think it will be a steep learning curve but the rewards would be worth it plus I have loads of dead Xbox 360 motherboards to practice on, here's a great forum for reball/reflow techniques, equipment and general advice http://forums.cvxgameconsolerepair.com/phpbb/

It can be the best all it wants, but at close on $1300 I'm not paying for it.

that rework station is not really made for xbox 360/ps3 it just happens to have temp profiles for them built into the machine.
    $1300 is it worth it to you ?

Hasn't been out that long so I'll keep an eye on that forum to see what people say about it, it has a support jig built for Xbox 360 and PS3 motherboards

Advertisement