Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Irish in New York looking to share in Manhattan?

• 04-12-2010 6:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I've been here a little over a month now, and I'll be looking for a roommate for my studio apartment in the Upper East Side of Manhattan, starting in January.

Anybody who might be interested, PM me for more information.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 hazydavey

hows a goin.. i'm goin over on the one year visa but not until february (waiting on the visa), is this too late cos I would be interested in the share!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 hazydavey

It's the 12 month work visa.. Applied for it last week, just playing the waiting game until it gets through!! Hoping for an accommodation share cos I'm goin over on my own!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Jim236

Yeh you have to have done at least a FETAC Level 6 course. You can apply while you're still studying or up to 12 months after graduating, but whatever job you get has to be related to the course you're doing, and can't be an unskilled job like working in a bar or a hotel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 shtory

I'm not in the apartment at the moment but I am going to be moving back there around May. I couldn't find a regular roommate by the beginning of the year so i decided to move out to New Jersey. I know the landlady well at this point so she said i could move back closer to the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 shtory

If there are people planning on doing the summer J1 in New York (I did it and loved every minute), I could well have an apartment i'll need roommate(s) for in the summer, or at the very least, I could help get you in for the summer, in Manhattan. I'm over here on the one year visa, but i'm out in New Jersey at the minute, but i'm going to move back into the city in a few months.

PM if you're interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

Im moving to New york at end of June.

If anyone has a room going in an apartment in NYC let me know

Moving on L1 visa, going to the NYC office of my current firm , they sorted everything :D

• Advertisement

I know this thread is pretty old but rather than starting a new one i said id give this a bump

Does anyone have a spare room going (or know of anyone who has a room going) from July 1st in NYC area

looking for either manhattan or west edges of queens / brookly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 retrospective

Hey guys,

I'm moving to NY now in September on the 12 month visa and was wondering if anyone looking for a housemate, or even if anyone wants to go looking for shares together. Let me know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 retrospective

The 12 month graduate visa!

Anyone in New York apartment hunting at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 danfoley

Hey crapmanjoe

I'm looking to find somewhere beginning 1 Sept. Will be moving over for a year.

Ideally looking at UWS or Morningside.

What's your situation?

danfoley wrote: »
    Hey crapmanjoe

I'm looking to find somewhere beginning 1 Sept. Will be moving over for a year.

Ideally looking at UWS or Morningside.

What's your situation?

Well Dan,

Still abit undecided to be honest. In a sublet in queens till end of August but its abit far from Manhattan so starting to get on my nerves!

Was looking to get a 1bd in Astoria or somewhere like that (west queens) cause I had pretty much given up all hope of finding a "normal" potential room mate on Craigslist.

U looking for you're own place? Some where to share? Are you over in NYC yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 danfoley

Yeah I definitely know where you're coming from re Craigslist. Am still hoping to share though since I don't know really know anyone in NYC. Preferably somewhere in (or near) upper Manhattan. West Queens sounds good too.

I haven't made the move yet (moving over in a few weeks). But if you come across any good 2 beds and fancy sharing let me know!

danfoley wrote: »
    Yeah I definitely know where you're coming from re Craigslist. Am still hoping to share though since I don't know really know anyone in NYC. Preferably somewhere in (or near) upper Manhattan. West Queens sounds good too.

I haven't made the move yet (moving over in a few weeks). But if you come across any good 2 beds and fancy sharing let me know!

Sent ya a PM there

Advertisement