Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Network for N8?

Options
  • 04-12-2010 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

think i might well get the nokia N8 soon. question is which network offers the best price plan & data add ons? i know it's like asking how long is a piece of string as it depends on the specific bill pay tariff i choose. certainly 40 a month would be the absolute max i'd be willing to spend on contract.

but 3 don't have the N8 - wouldn't even consider o2 as i cannot stand them. so that leaves me with vodafone or meteor - e mobile is eircom and we all know what they're like.

also for those who already have the N8 - is it due an update to the software soon, debug it etc?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,229 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

3 Have it but it keeps selling out, your best bet is to reserve one in store and you should have it by next Friday as there's more due this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭KrisW

... also Eircom?

I signed up with eMobile, and have had no problems. Network coverage is as good as O2 (my previous operator), and the little interaction I've had with the shop staff has been friendly and helpful.

Handset was €150; €35/month on 12-month contract. Basically it's the €25 package with another 500Mb data/month. Basic package gives free calls to fixed-line numbers, and 100 minutes/100 texts. I'm not an Eircom landline customer, but if you are, there's some other discount there too..

Phones are still difficult to get, and most shops don't reserve them for you, but you can do better by calling in in person and talking to someone in the shop - they'll try to help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

I'm with meteor, have been for years. N8 cost 150 and I pay 30 a month for 200 minutes 200 texts and 250mb which is enough for me as wifi at home and work.meteor have much better offers for new customers though. A friend was offered 400 minutes and texts and either 1 or 2 gb for 30e

Advertisement