Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xperia X10 Mini Pro

• 04-12-2010 10:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭

I got this phone yesterday and am pleased with it apart from one little thing that I hope someone might be able to help me out with. I set up facebook and the gmail account no problem and want to set up other email functions on the phone. Instructions say it is as simple as 'tap the email icon, enter email address and password' but when I go into email it won't allow me to tap open the space to type email or password. Any ideas on how I can fix this?? I assume it is a setting somewhere??? Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭squire23

Rubiee wrote: »
    I got this phone yesterday and am pleased with it apart from one little thing that I hope someone might be able to help me out with. I set up facebook and the gmail account no problem and want to set up other email functions on the phone. Instructions say it is as simple as 'tap the email icon, enter email address and password' but when I go into email it won't allow me to tap open the space to type email or password. Any ideas on how I can fix this?? I assume it is a setting somewhere??? Any advice appreciated.
    You're being very vague in your question - what other "email functions" are you trying to enable? The obvious question is do you have Background Data turned on (ie. sync)?

My wife has this phone & while it's an absolutely great little phone - I personally sometimes find it hard to operate with my fingers. It's made for the daintier amoung us ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Rubiee

Sorry didn't mean to be vague. I just want to set up a yahoo account. On the main menu when I go into Email there is space to enter the address and password but it won't do anything when I click/tap it. I cannot enter the address etc. Facebook works fine on it for me. The wifi is set up on it. Data transfer is enabled on it (icon visible top left corner) Gmail account is set up on it and worked fine yest. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭squire23

Thanks for that - it has recognised the new account for me now but it won't connect says " Authentification error check username and password". These are correct as far as I can see. I'll check them again later - at least it is headed in the right direction!!
    Thanks a mill for ur help :)

Sorted now thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cantosis

Rubiee wrote: »
    Thanks for that - it has recognised the new account for me now but it won't connect says " Authentification error check username and password". These are correct as far as I can see. I'll check them again later - at least it is headed in the right direction!!
    Thanks a mill for ur help :)

Hi There,

This is the exact problem I am getting, I got this phone yesterday and its doing my head in trying to get my yahoo account to link to my phone.

please help, I am getting the exact message you got

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

cantosis wrote: »
    Hi There,

This is the exact problem I am getting, I got this phone yesterday and its doing my head in trying to get my yahoo account to link to my phone.

please help, I am getting the exact message you got

Probably easier getting the yahoo mail app.

Sorry for the delay in replying I only saw ur post now. The settings that I have put in and that work for me are as follows:
    Server Type: IMAP
    Server Address: imap.mail.yahoo.com
    Username: *******@yahoo.ie (not underlined ... just did that automatically)
    Password: *******
    Encryption: SSL
    Server Port: 993
    Outgoing server:
    Server Address: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
    Username: ******@yahoo.ie
    Password: ******
    Encryption: SSL
    Server Port: 465

Hope that helps you get it sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭slippy wicket

Hi,

Maybe this is not the right place to ask, but is Android 2.2 available yet for this phone on vodafone.

The phone comes with Android 1.6 and even though I have run all the updates it still operates on this - unless there is something I am missing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

Hi,

Maybe this is not the right place to ask, but is Android 2.2 available yet for this phone on vodafone.
    no, and it wont be. SE arent putting it on any of the current Xperia series,

Advertisement