Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with google verification

Options
  • 04-12-2010 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I need hlp getting my website verified with google. I have put the html link that they suggest into my webpage but still doesn't work for some reason?

Any ideas?

Cheers

Moggie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

do you mean to get your web site appear in a google search ?
    Have you registered with google? Did you get a unique link from them?
    It can take several weeks to appear

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭moggie4000

amen wrote: »
    do you mean to get your web site appear in a google search ?
    Have you registered with google? Did you get a unique link from them?
    It can take several weeks to appear

I have registered and i put the unique html link into my website but it's saying it can't be verified?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Would you be talking about Google's Webmaster tools / the Webmaster Central page and verifying that you are responsible for a web-site?

I.e. it gives you 4 options to verify that you're the admin...
    There are several ways to prove to Google that you own http://www.example.org/. Select the option that is easiest for you.
    1) Add a DNS record to your domain's configuration. You can use this option if you can sign in to your domain registrar or hosting provider and add a new DNS record.
    2) Add a meta tag to your site's home page. You can choose this option if you can edit your site's HTML.
    3) Upload an HTML file to your server. You can choose this option if you can upload new files to your site.
    4) Link to your Google Analytics account. You can use this option if your site already has a Google Analytics tracking code that uses the asynchronous snippet. You must be an administrator on the Analytics account.

If that's what you're talking about, which approach are you attempting?

ressem wrote: »
    Would you be talking about Google's Webmaster tools / the Webmaster Central page and verifying that you are responsible for a web-site?

I.e. it gives you 4 options to verify that you're the admin...

If that's what you're talking about, which approach are you attempting?

I attempted the html link verification?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

It's either a meta tag with a value or a dummy file with a filename, specified by Google. Not a link.

Sounds as if you might have put the meta tag on the page as content as opposed to a proper meta tag. Someone else around these parts did this recently. If you provide the page address we can check for you.

• Advertisement

tricky D wrote: »
    It's either a meta tag with a value or a dummy file with a filename, specified by Google. Not a link.

Sounds as if you might have put the meta tag on the page as content as opposed to a proper meta tag. Someone else around these parts did this recently. If you provide the page address we can check for you.

www.morgansportssolutions.ie

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

You've got a site redirect using a html refresh, therefore if you're pointing google to the above url it won't see the verification tag as the verification tag is on the page you are redirecting to.

Gordon wrote: »
    You've got a site redirect using a html refresh, therefore if you're pointing google to the above url it won't see the verification tag as the verification tag is on the page you are redirecting to.

That's true i have it redirected, is there any way i can get it verified though?

Advertisement