Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Limited Company [obvious?] Question

Options
  • 04-12-2010 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

hi guys,

i've just started a ltd company (well, setup is with cro and should be ready next week). however i've been contracting (as an IT contractor) for a few weeks now in a contract role and was wondering if i would be able to claim for the expenses that i've occurred already in the contract (travel, sustenance etc) despite the company not existing yet?

it might seem like an obvious question to some of you, i'm guessing i won't be able to as the company didn't exist when the expenses were incurred, but it'd be great if i could!

hope that makes sense.

lastly, if anyone has any other tips etc. based around anything to do with starting a ltd co. i'd be delighted to hear from you (esp. recommendations on how to handle accounts- would it be difficult to do it myself and just get an accountant to do end of year returns or is this difficult and should i just get an accountant to handle it all).

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭J.Ryan

I'm an Accountant/Auditor based in Wicklow, feel free to PM me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭dbran

Hi

The company cannot enter into transaction before it is incorporated. However you can charge expenses to the company once it is incorporated and some of these expenses may have been incurred by you prior to this date.

Kind Regards

dbran

Advertisement