Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changes at RTE Radio One

• 04-12-2010 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Its in the news papers today that kathryn thomas is getting a daily show on rte radio 1 in the new year, but the question is who will be axed to make room for her ? Ronan collins maybe ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Hard to see Collins, Joe or Mooney getting shafted. I'd say she might get an evening or weekend slot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Kunle wrote: »
    Its in the news papers today that kathryn thomas is getting a daily show on rte radio 1 in the new year, but the question is who will be axed to make room for her ? Ronan collins maybe ?

Hmmm...we are due for a steady diet of tabloid Z list celebs then.

Kat, I don't give a fcuk what Rosanna Davison, Glenda Gilson, et al do or don't do, we all know they just go for where the money is, nothing else.

Don't try to foist that shoooite on RTE1 listeners like a good woman.

Murrrrrrey is a disaster at 0900, she did well there before, although not the kind of content I like, would certainly be an improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Derryleigh

Hmmm...we are due for a steady diet of tabloid Z list celebs then.

Kat, I don't give a fcuk what Rosanna Davison, Glenda Gilson, et al do or don't do, we all know they just go for where the money is, nothing else.

Don't try to foist that shoooite on RTE1 listeners like a good woman.

Murrrrrrey is a disaster at 0900, she did well there before, although not the kind of content I like, would certainly be an improvement.

What ARE you on about?:confused:

Derryleigh wrote: »
    What ARE you on about?:confused:

Kathyrn Thomas:P

Seems obsessed by 'celebrity culture' based on previous stint on RTE1

Seems her world revolves around the comings and goings of the various Z -listers she is acquainted with.

Hence I would be fearful that her propensity to admire shallow and talentless individuals would permeate into any show she might have on RTE1.

I wouldn't encourage that level of 'tabloidism' on the flagship radio station.

Is that clearer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭Cole

Seems her world revolves around the comings and goings of the various Z -listers she is acquainted with.

That's what I thought when listening a few times during the summer, didn't like her show at all.

I don't know anything about her private life but she gives the impression of living in that sort of 'celebrity' circle, not something I want to hear about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Who's writing murrayers jokes? absoloutley shocking stuff.

Must be Andew Maxwell, another waste of the license fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Yeah I'd agree with that.. I thought that she was good when she covered Tubridy, but I wouldnt be happy if she started filling the studio with Amanda Brunker, Joe O'Shea and other nobodies.
    ntlbell wrote: »
    Who's writing murrayers jokes? absoloutley shocking stuff.

horrific.. whoever writes those cringeworthy promos.. my god.. If John played it straight and give up the jocose tone that he greets EVERY interview with, I think he would do a good job... I think the problem is that they told him it was meant to be a bit "lighter" than the shows that precedes it ("serious" Morning Ireland) and that it precedes it ("serious" Today With Pat Kenny)......... he has taken this to mean crack jokes the whole time... The subjects he is covering are the "lighter" part of the show, he should try so hard to be funny..... Because he is NOT funny..

Yeah I'd agree with that.. I thought that she was good when she covered Tubridy, but I wouldnt be happy if she started filling the studio with Amanda Brunker, Joe O'Shea and other nobodies.

horrific.. whoever writes those cringeworthy promos.. my god.. If John played it straight and give up the jocose tone that he greets EVERY interview with, I think he would do a good job... I think the problem is that they told him it was meant to be a bit "lighter" than the shows that precedes it ("serious" Morning Ireland) and that it precedes it ("serious" Today With Pat Kenny)......... he has taken this to mean crack jokes the whole time... The subjects he is covering are the "lighter" part of the show, he should try so hard to be funny..... Because he is NOT funny..

If there is to be any hope for Murrrrreee even at this late stage hes has to do these things

1.. stop shouting into the mic.

2.. Play it straight. You are not a funny man John....not! 'kay.

3.. tone down the auld scangerrrry Nth Doob accent. those rrrrrs drive me berserk.

4.. Speak in normal tones and dare I say it, be more like Tubs was in that slot, able to couch the tone to the occasion in the studio. not bellowing all the time.

Even then I think it's one of the worst cases of square peg in round hole ever on RTE radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

He was good on Morning Ireland and The business.

I go along with the square peg in the round hole theory 100%.

I feel 9-10 was a disaster like George Lee and Leinster House.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Kathryn Thomas is replacing Pat Kenny for the 10 - 12 slot in an effort to quell the dumbing down of that show in recent months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Lapin wrote: »
    Kathryn Thomas is replacing Pat Kenny for the 10 - 12 slot in an effort to quell the dumbing down of that show in recent months.

And you said that without a :) or :rolleyes:

:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

dh0661 wrote: »
    And you said that without a :) or :rolleyes:

:eek:

Oops :o

I'll give it a belated ;) then !

Advertisement