Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tragus piercing sizes

Options
  • 04-12-2010 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Hey all. Got my tragus done last Tuesday in Danny Bullman's in Limerick (highly recommend it by the way). It's still healing, but I was looking into new jewellery for it in advance.
    However, I remember the piercer told me that I could downsize to a smaller piece to make it easier to listen to headphones with it in, but I can't remember what size he said to go to.
    Anyone out there have any idea of comfortable sizes for a tragus piercing so I can finally listen to my iPod again?
    Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

1.2mm is the general size.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Maybe he meant a shorter bar. 1.2mm would be the width of the bar. I just have a standard labret bar in mine exactly the same as this one and it's fine to wear earphones, even with a longer bar in it's fine. Just wait until it's healed and then try out a few different ones and see which is most comfortable. You could also go for a ring either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Steff

Cheers for the input lads. I was thinking of going with a ring, and just like moving it to accomodate, but I prefer the look of bars. Think I'll go with the labret bar idea whenever it heals up. Thanks atavan-halen!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I'd love to get a bar, but I never know if it will fit as the piercing looks really small. I currently have a nose ring in mine for the last 3 years. I'd love to get a crazy bar for it in a mad green colour!

Is it possible for a tragus to close up?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

I'm in the same boat - I have yet to change my tragus jewellery since I got it done in August, want to change it now though.. but unsure what to put in.. looking at this site this came up under tragus jewellery - which I think would suit fine for me.. but is 8mm a bit long for the bar?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

I find a labret bar works best as well. I found the rings were always getting infected, the day I had them replaced with the labret was the last time they were infected, and that was 3 years ago. I have no problem with in ear headphones with the bar either.

Advertisement