Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stagrennan, Drogheda

Options
  • 03-12-2010 2:30am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12

Hi i was wondering does anyone know anyting about the Stagrennan i have got info of the Old Drogheda Society. Does anyone have a photo of the grave yard. Stagreean is on the Mornington road and its becide Stregennan House does anyone know who owns that house

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

OP, Ive moved your post from the old thread it was in and given it its own thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Hi i was wondering does anyone know anyting about the Stagrennan i have got info of the Old Drogheda Society. Does anyone have a photo of the grave yard. Stagreean is on the Mornington road and its becide Stregennan House does anyone know who owns that house

i dont have one, but i could try and get one next time im out that way.

Anywhere in particular?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

CMpunked wrote: »
    i dont have one, but i could try and get one next time im out that way.

Anywhere in particular?

hi folks, can i just mention that the land you speak of is private property.

here are some tips and information, as i know this land like the back of my hand.

if you go out the mornington road, about 200-300 m past flogas on the right, there is a gate, and old laneway up to the grave yard, its well overgrown now but if you look closely on google maps and zoom in, you will see what i mean, this leads up to the graveyard, however its so overgrown now that you cannot go up that way.

it is a spooky place, years ago spent lots of time up that way as a kid exploring, its a perfect set for a horror movie.. with lobsided tombstones, really old headstones.

there was an old orchard beside it, with high walls around it, too...

some other info : Stagreenan - James Garry, 'Inscriptions on Stones in Stagrennan Graveyard' in Journal of the Old Drogheda Society 1977

more here, an article from Drogheda Independent April 2009 word for word quote
    Wednesday April 15 2009

STAGRENNAN Cemetery would have a lot of history attacked to it. A lot of it has become blurred with the passage of time. It has been closed for some time.

Seemingly the last burial in Stagreenan cemetery was in 1959. Now, if there is anyone out there who may have relevant information about the cemetery, please phone the above number or contact the DI. It is a shame that this cemetery has slipped off the radar. Surely it is entitled to have its graves blessed the same as any other Catholic cemetery.

if you have any Q's gimme a shout..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 angelbuzz09

Hi i have done a new Stagreggan website here it is below all the name are on it but the ones that are un marked arnt there

http://stagrennangraves.host56.com/Stagrennan%20Grave%20Yard/

Link above

Hi i have done a new website for stagreggan here it is below

http://stagrennangraves.host56.com/Stagrennan%20Grave%20Yard/

• Advertisement

Advertisement