Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who will Robbie Keanes next boyhood club be?

• 04-12-2010 12:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭

Who will Robbie Keanes next boyhood club be? 53 votes

Glasgow Celtic
    0% 0 votes
    Arsenal
    20% 11 votes
    Rangers
    1% 1 vote
    Fingal
    7% 4 votes
    Kilmacud Crokes
    1% 1 vote
    Liverpool
    3% 2 votes
    Elm Park
    3% 2 votes
    Penn State Volleyball
    1% 1 vote
    Dublin City
    11% 6 votes
    Boards.ie
    1% 1 vote
    Panorama
    7% 4 votes
    Zimbabwe Dynamos
    0% 0 votes
    P45.net
    3% 2 votes
    Everton
    3% 2 votes
    PSNI
    15% 8 votes
    JCB Digger Drivers
    1% 1 vote
    Cork Athletic
    5% 3 votes
    Madron FC
    3% 2 votes
    The Tufty Club
    3% 2 votes
    Cork Hibernians
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭TT09

Aston villa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Wolf Club

I'd say Juventus would be probably the best destination for him. Nothing seems to have come of this rumour since it was suggested in some rag a few months back, but I'd say the team is around the right level for Keane, and the Serie A would be a good place to go for a 30 year old striker who wants to play first team football for the next 4 odd years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

villa really should be there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Leicester City are in for him I think. Irelands strikers need Premiership standard football, I hope if he does move someone in top flight will take him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

villa really should be there

Sorry did not really think of them as an option...

Can you edit a poll?

Tried, but failed....( as a result in honour of Robbie i am waving my hands in the air and blaming the referee )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Only in Ireland...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Poll fail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Liverpool again...for the craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

West Ham or Aston Villa would seem to be his most likely destinations. Bizarrely he was linked with the Vancouver Whitecaps yesterday. Wherever he winds up I wish him the best - he has been a top player for Spurs (1st spell) and Ireland for many years. The abuse he gets on here at times is totally uncalled for IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,210 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Aston Villa probably.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Can see him joining the roller coaster season at Blackpool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

We'd be happy to have him at Rovers. 700 notes a week. He'd have to sign on until March though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Leicester City are in for him I think. Irelands strikers need Premiership standard football, I hope if he does move someone in top flight will take him.

He turned them down i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

What do you mean if someone will take him? Robbie Keane is a top class striker. Anyone other than the top four would kill for a player of his quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

AgileMyth wrote: »
    What do you mean if someone will take him? Robbie Keane is a top class striker. Anyone other than the top four would kill for a player of his quality.

Obviously not seeing as how liverpool or spurs don't want him.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tom10

Would love to see him go to Newcastle. I think with Carroll he would be very good but I can't see him moving North or Newcastle paying the money - pity though, think he would be a hero in no time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Think he'd do well at West Ham playing off C.Cole. Would like to see him at Villa but can't really see them moving for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Joyce Country

back to celtic hopefully!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭sonic85

wolves maybe? now that its certain keane is leaving i could see mick showing some interest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

AgileMyth wrote: »

:confused:

Go back and read my post....I said if he moves I would rather he stayed in the Premiership than drop down a division.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

He hopefully goes to Blackpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Wolf Club wrote: »
    I'd say Juventus would be probably the best destination for him. Nothing seems to have come of this rumour since it was suggested in some rag a few months back, but I'd say the team is around the right level for Keane, and the Serie A would be a good place to go for a 30 year old striker who wants to play first team football for the next 4 odd years.

He wouldn't make the team.

CiaranC wrote: »
    We'd be happy to have him at Rovers. 700 notes a week. He'd have to sign on until March though.

Cannot see that happening for a few reasons.

Since Amond left Blinkhorn has come on leaps and bounds and the end result has been better performances by the team. Of the two players Keane would be more similar to Amond as they are both decent goal scorers, Blinkhorn however is a better all round footballer.

In addition to the above Rovers seem to have a sensible pay structure and will never pay that kind of money for anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Villa please, hopefully offloading carew elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

sonic85 wrote: »
    wolves maybe? now that its certain keane is leaving i could see mick showing some interest

I think it would be ideal for him as well as the national team if he ended up at Wolves, I suppose it depends on the fee Redknapp wants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭sonic85

if juve are bringing in edin dzeko then keane definitely wont be needed! keanes best years are behind him to be honest - when he does go itll be for a middle to low ranking team in the premier league or an average european team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Good to see that Redknapp's excellent man management skills got the best out of the player after the lack of said skills was reported to be the main cause of the player's failure at Liverpool.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,438 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Athlone Town

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Kess73 wrote: »
    Good to see that Redknapp's excellent man management skills got the best out of the player after the lack of said skills was reported to be the main cause of the player's failure at Liverpool.:D

In fairness he was a big part of keeping us up and also until December last year he was very important to us he's served us very well. He's a good pro but wants to play he also had a really good preseason with regular football he could do very well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Hopefully he ends up somewhere where he feels appreciated and can play regular first team football. An absolute hero, and could provide another four years great service to our International team if he can keep playing week in, week out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Cannot see that happening for a few reasons.

Since Amond left Blinkhorn has come on leaps and bounds and the end result has been better performances by the team. Of the two players Keane would be more similar to Amond as they are both decent goal scorers, Blinkhorn however is a better all round footballer.

In addition to the above Rovers seem to have a sensible pay structure and will never pay that kind of money for anyone.
    I was convinced your were talking about Sligo until the last line

CiaranC wrote: »
    I was convinced your were talking about Sligo until the last line

Sorry, being the Soccer forum i assumed the readers would be knowledgeable. I will try and help you in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Sorry did not really think of them as an option...

LOL. Just LOL.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

His wages are going to be the big problem for Premier League clubs who would have him,

How much is he on and how much are spurs looking for?

I honestly can't see a club wanting to spend more than £5million.

I'd love to see him at Blackburn, who need a player like him, and might have the transfer fee, but would not break the bank and upset the clubs wage limit for him.

I'd like to see him somewhere else in Europe too, maybe Italy where things are a little less hectic and his movement rather than pace will be key. I feel he still has the quality and for me he is an absolute legend of the game. He needs and deserves to go somewhere where he will be guaranteed football week in week out, If he gets that I can see a return to his best form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

QPR, London club that appears to be heading back to top flite football might be interested in him????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Tom10 wrote: »
    Would love to see him go to Newcastle. I think with Carroll he would be very good but I can't see him moving North or Newcastle paying the money - pity though, think he would be a hero in no time.

In a swap deal for Leon Best. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tom10

That_Guy wrote: »
    In a swap deal for Leon Best. ;)

Deal :p

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭HyperSkypeWiper

leeds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

I would absolutely love it to be celtic? Why is rangers on the list FFs?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

Didn't he mutter something about wanting to finish his career at Rovers, himself and Richie Dunne.

Not where he will end up next, but deffo a good bet for 'boyhood hero's' as he has played for his English and Scottish ones....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Villa please, hopefully offloading carew elsewhere.

Surely the favourites to sign him

If not Blackpool, Wolves or Fulham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

thegen wrote: »
    QPR, London club that appears to be heading back to top flite football might be interested in him????

Thats a good shout especially with the money they have at the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I notice wage demands coming up a lot in discussions about Keane. If he is that pissed off and serious about playing first team football at a relatively high level then I'm sure he'd happily take a substantial paycut to do so. Or would he? Hmmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

dsmythy wrote: »
    I notice wage demands coming up a lot in discussions about Keane. If he is that pissed off and serious about playing first team football at a relatively high level then I'm sure he'd happily take a substantial paycut to do so. Or would he? Hmmmm.

I would say chances of playing would be more important to him than wages at this stage. This will be a crucial move for him and the Irish team. I really hope it works out for him.

I think he has to give serious thought to the likes of Celtic and Seria A teams. If he was to end up staying in the PL only to be playing for the likes of a team with Blackburn's style or Wolves's general weakness then he would struggle imo. If he's playing in the Prem he needs a passing team where he can poach goals and finish moves.

Advertisement