Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Urgent answer needed!!

• 04-12-2010 1:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm buying an Archos for my girlfriend for Christmas today but not sure which model to get. I'm stuck between the Archos 70 250Gb and the Archos 5 500Gb versions. I overheard her saying she had no interest in an iPad as she already has a MacBook and in my mind the Archos 70 kind of ties in with the iPad category so should I go for the older Archos 5? She needs storage for all her movies and is obsessed with Archos products. She loves my 320Gb 7 and wants one. I really don't know which to get. If I buy the 250Gb version of the 70 would that be on par with the 500GB 5 (bar the storage obv)? Or is the 70 more geared towards the iPad genre ie someone looking to store some movies/music etc but wants the whole tablet side?

My next problem is that stores in Dublin only have the 8GB version of the 70 at the moment. One said they were hoping to get the 250GB version before Christmas but weren't sure. I suppose I feel like if I were to get her the 5 I'd be getting her a device which is over a year old and outdated. Which should I get?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Go for the iPad, you'll be getting thanks for it all the way to next xmas.
    The archos ain't a patch on the iPad anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭shuffles03

I got the Archos 5 500GB as the one thing she said she needed was a device which could store all of her movies. If the iPad had more storage I would have bought it but it only goes up to 64GB and the price for that is ridiculous. Plus, no doubt there'll be a new iPad announced in January anyway.

Cheers tho.

Advertisement