Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large Wooden Beams supplier

Options
  • 04-12-2010 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭

Large Wooden Beams supplier
    Im wondering if anyone can tell me of a supplier who can supply beams similar to this pic in the north east

stephan+jaklitsch+loft+exposed+brick+dining+room+area+dome+pendant+lights+Bertoia+chairs+wood+table+exposed+brick.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

it looks like reclaimed pitch pine. try any salvage yard and get a joinery to run it out . theres one in ardee but i,m not sure if he does salvaged timber. you could also order it through any off the timber yards only it woulldnt have the same character.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

1chippy wrote: »
    it looks like reclaimed pitch pine. try any salvage yard and get a joinery to run it out . theres one in ardee but i,m not sure if he does salvaged timber. you could also order it through any off the timber yards only it woulldnt have the same character.
    Yeah I agree Im not gonna get the4 same look from a brand new piece of timber but on any of the salvage sites Ive come across the beams dont seem to be long enough.

Ill try Ardee,Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

we made up beams like those 7-8 years back got them from a place in Galway will try and find the name and let you know

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

1chippy wrote: »
    we made up beams like those 7-8 years back got them from a place in Galway will try and find the name and let you know
    Thanks that would be great if you could find out

Advertisement