Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

latency issues

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

its been okish this morning..but its now back to 2k with all the kids logging on after school/asylum

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

great. bought digital cata, upgraded, went to buy game card and theyre experiencing difficulties...motha ****in cash cow ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 CamomileCurt

Shougeki wrote: »
    Think it was "give them a call at any time".

Yes it was just WOW, but to be honest i dont see that high usage on my line. I have it just in case i have to work from home.

that being said it took 40mins to copy a 1Gb file up to a share at work over VPN on friday, but i dont use the VPN often enough to know if that normal, and cba doing some benchmarking on it :P

spot on - sorry fer my grammer ;)

id be in major smellie stuff if i did that - youve either got rhino cojones or a cúl job - or both?!

btw - UPC conn is great tonite, no probs fer me

• Registered Users Posts: 8 stiffy

Unfortunately UPC is not fine for my, My latency has been more or less above 500ms and at times 1500+ such a pain

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Same here. No point in trying to play the game as it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,589 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

My ping is sitting at 1500ms... But that is probably something to do with there being about 300 other people camped on the flight master in SW :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 stiffy

yeah its unplayable but so annoying considering the expansion is out tonight, would of thought it was a fairly simple problem for UPC to fix.
    I was talking to some friends from other EU contries with UPC and they all seem to be fine...

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭dark_jedi_ire

Thanks for all the info guys,,, only reinstalled last week am on upc 5meg, started playing on Saturday,, OMG anywhere from 180ms to 5000ms ,, Trying to heal with that lag is impossible,, Had been reading up and was about ot move back to 64 bit xp as Win 7 was rubblish on how its handles tcp/ip packets, tryed all the Fixs and regedits and was pulling my hair out...but if its those UPC gits, I will go nuts,,

Any updates on how it is today? any updates from upc,,?

Cheers
    R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

I gave up trying to login last night and only had a chance to login now.
    Latency seems to be back to normal, hovering around 30 to 40ms in Org at the moment for me on Draenor realm, whereas it was in the thousands the last few days.

We'll see how it goes and how it holds up for later on when more people are online, but it's looking good so far.

I really hope it is ok. Was so frustrating the last few days, and i really want to try the Worgen starting area tonight. Let us know if it stays decent will you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Logged in around 1am and latency was down around 250, very playable even with everyone and their kids running around. Went back on about 10 and latency didn't really go above 350 which was nice. Do want my 50-80ms pings back though :)

350 would do me just fine. I'd be happy without the 30 second lag spikes that i was getting.

Anyone in game at the moment that are on UPC, able to comment on what their latency is like ?

I'd check myself but I can't even login at the moment due to firstly a long queue when I could connect and now I can't even connect to any other realm :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Been on since about 4 and not having any problems. Sitting around the 300 mark which is playable.

It's not as good as it was, but it's playable. Currently sitting at around the 400 mark for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

its currently at 229ms for me atm on a 30mb upc connection on a paris based server:-p

Cheers. Only managed to get a chance to login there myself now and it's steady at 180ms - not as good as what it used to be at 30ms or so but better than in the thousands for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Ive been having mad latency myself, now it was really bad (about 2k) but the last day or 2 hasnt been too bad, im sitting in and around 120 - 350, now its not ideal but its better then it was. so fingers crossed the issue will be resolved soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Fizzix

Having latency from 500-1200ms on upc 10mb connection atm in the finglas area anyone else having this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭-Vega-

Yes, I am on UPC 10MB also. I'm getting random lag every now and then that lasts for at least an hour at a time. Can be between 700 and 1500ms. No one else on my line, don't know what is going on. Also getting randomly disconnected at times now, the lag will be gone and I wont be in any bugged location and just d/c . That'll happen every few minutes for half an hour maybe an hour at a time. Having said that played last night all night and had no problems but wouldn't be suprised if something happens again 2nite.

• Advertisement

-Vega- wrote: »
    Yes, I am on UPC 10MB also. I'm getting random lag every now and then that lasts for at least an hour at a time. Can be between 700 and 1500ms. No one else on my line, don't know what is going on. Also getting randomly disconnected at times now, the lag will be gone and I wont be in any bugged location and just d/c . That'll happen every few minutes for half an hour maybe an hour at a time. Having said that played last night all night and had no problems but wouldn't be suprised if something happens again 2nite.

These are my exact symptoms trying to play at the moment but packet loss is through the roof, I've done a ping test and it seems theres something wrong with upcs routing to the server because I can ping google.com find at 23ms.It very frustrating. Has anyone had any joy from upc on this issue?

Same thing was happening me early this morning, am on UPC here and not far from you in Finglas. Kind of glad to hear it's happening someone else though too in a way, I thought it was my network that was at fault as I've been messing about with the routers at home here recently :pac:

Im glad other people are experincing this as well hopfully as the day goes on we get more reports, are upc support open on sunday??

Advertisement