Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sex isn't what it's hyped up to be

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

liah wrote: »
    Losing your virginity is rarely all it's cracked up to be

Rarely? I only ever tried that once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Vourney

SugarHigh wrote: »
    Krudler is exaggerating massively.

Lads never shut up about how much they masturbate(student age). It's not shocking to talk about it's boring.

I don't think anyone is repressed anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

krudler wrote: »
    Hi my names krudler, i poop, I burp when I need to, I'm guilty of both having no confidence when I should have and maybe a bit too much when I shouldnt have either. I love sex, adore women and love when I get that giddy butterfly sensation when I meet someone I truly fall for. I've also been cold with people I know liked me for fear of being hurt or vice versa. I love a big mug of tea and silly things like freshly washed sheets and crashing out on the couch cuddled up to someone with wine and a movie we've both seen a dozen times then talking the whole way through and making each other laugh for the night. I've bottled things up to the point where I've snapped and cried in front of my ex and I've made people cry by being stupid sometimes, but hey, I'm human.

:)

If I came across the above as the profile on a dating site I would be smitten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

i ike girls genitals... oh.. and boobs too, and bums... yay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I think I know what the OP was trying to say.

That there's a big hype about sex, and how it has to be perfect, and last for 3 days, with multiple positions, with mind blowing (multiple) orgasms all round.

Yeah.

This doesn't always happen. I've been with my Mrs over 8 years now. Sometimes it is a prolonged love making session. Other times, its just a couple of pumps rutting session.

But its not bad either way.

(Oh and why does it alway work out that in AH, any of the secksy threads get moved, but there's always a glut of religion/politics threads that don't?)

• Advertisement

flanum wrote: »

Only for the boobs bit there we could of called you Fr....:)

flanum wrote: »

However, if I came across this as the profile on a dating site, I might not be quite as charmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Personal Issues?

Whats the issue? I like being me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭liah

The suppression of human qualities that people don't like isn't a bad thing. I don't want people in my presence to be burping. The same way that girl on the train freaked out when the guy whipped out his dick but you weren't saying "It's only human guys" then.

Fair enough about the burping etc bit, it's not the nicest thing in the world, but there's kind of a difference between that and a guy rubbing his dick on a random woman.

My general rule of thumb is that it's fine so long as it's not directly impacting someone else without their consent. I think that's fair.

I don't think it's healthy to suppress emotions or express fear when encountering them, as you often see when people try to open up about things we ALL experience (whether people want to admit it or not). Too many people get told they're weird or sad or strange or pathetic for simply vocalizing things literally all of us have experienced at one time or another, and I think that's incredibly sad.

So many people are so devastatingly out of touch with their own sense of human empathy and spend so much of their lives in hateful judgment of everyone else. I feel bad for those who do genuinely try to be true to themselves and honest and open who get shot down by people too immature to deal with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,265 ✭✭✭SugarHigh

Vourney wrote: »
    I don't think anyone is repressed anymore.
    A lot of people love to feel like they are.
    cough* feminists*cough

• Advertisement

The suppression of human qualities that people don't like isn't a bad thing. I don't want people in my presence to be burping. The same way that girl on the train freaked out when the guy whipped out his dick but you weren't saying "It's only human guys" then.

Depends on the situation really, if I was eating with a girl and she let out a little burp I'd proabably find it adorable, if it was a massive one in my face (ooh matron!) then not so much. You're right about the dick thing though, keep dicks in pants until its an acceptable time :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

basquille wrote: »
    I've done him too..! :cool:

For some reason, I believe you :D

That's the spirit! :p A man after my own heart :pac:

Except for the wine bit. Wine is icky.

I'm more of a whiskey drinker myself, or spiced rum, nom :D

My general rule of thumb is that it's fine so long as it's not directly impacting someone else without their consent. I think that's fair.
    Some people will be impacted by me not believing in god, saying cúnt in public or getting a swastika tattoo on my forehead.

I don't think it's healthy to suppress emotions or express fear when encountering them
    So the people who feel fear when encoutnering them should suppress them?:D

I disagree about it not being healthy to suppress emotions. Highly emotional people are illogical morons in my experience. They say and do things that make them feel good without being able to judge whether they are good. Being emotional makes you gullible and open to being manipulated because all the person has to do is control your emotions by evoking reactions that are against your will.
    Too many people get told they're weird or sad or strange or pathetic for simply vocalizing things literally all of us have experienced at one time or another, and I think that's incredibly sad.
    You really don't think you've done the same?
    So many people are so devastatingly out of touch with their own sense of human empathy and spend so much of their lives in hateful judgment of everyone else.
    Hateful judgment is still emotion. So should they suppress?

You see your opinions are not well thought out and are simply things you think sound nice without thinking through.

I'm more of a whiskey drinker myself, or spiced rum, nom :D

Whiskey, meh, rum, yes please!

Any kind of rum.. Malibu tastes nice with almost everything, Cap'n'n Coke tastes like Vanilla Coke. I added Cap'n and this Anejo rum to a pork chop marinade I did the other day. Turned out surprisingly well.

Go rum! :pac:

Now, where's it gone..

Whiskey, meh, rum, yes please!

Any kind of rum.. Malibu tastes nice with almost everything, Cap'n'n Coke tastes like Vanilla Coke. I added Cap'n and this Anejo rum to a pork chop marinade I did the other day. Turned out surprisingly well.

Go rum! :pac:

Now, where's it gone..

Whys the rum gone?!

I do love a nice glass of the Cap'n, must get a bottle of it for the Festivus season.

When I was in the states last month I had a glass of Cap'n mixed with vanilla Coke, now that was all sorts of awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Well I have to say I like yer style, usually it goes from alcohol to sex but in this thread it went from sex to alcohol.

Bravo.

I like when alchohol leads to sex which stops for more alchohol then back to more sex :pac: or combine both together :cool:

Some people will be impacted by me not believing in god, saying cúnt in public or getting a swastika tattoo on my forehead.

Not exactly the same thing, and I think that's fairly obvious. Do we really have to go down this road? Because we can, if it's really necessary, but I think we're both intelligent enough to figure out why it isn't.
    So the people who feel fear when encoutnering them should suppress them?:D

Nope, they shouldn't.
    I disagree about it not being healthy to suppress emotions. Highly emotional people are illogical morons in my experience. They say and do things that make them feel good without being able to judge whether they are good. Being emotional makes you gullible and open to being manipulated because all the person has to do is control your emotions by evoking reactions that are against your will.

I think it's quite dangerous to go down that road. They made a movie with Christian Bale about it. Should explain it all, really.

I think one of the most beautiful things about being human is the fact that while we may not all be "on the same level" in terms of intelligence or physical prowess, we all feel the same things (within reason, obviously, but I'm adding it in just in case someone pulls me up, which is inevitable here). It's the thing that connects us.

What logic is there in reacting with fear to emotions? Seriously? You seem like you're very logic-oriented; what is the logic in reacting with fear to things literally all of us feel instead of simply talking it through and moving past it?

There is none. Lack of empathy will do nothing for our society and has, in fact, been responsible for the majority, if not all, of atrocities the world has experienced to date. Lack of empathy allows people to treat others as lesser beings, and that is never right.

Being human is a beautiful experience and experiencing emotions is one of the best parts of it.
    You really don't think you've done the same?

Of course I've passed judgment before, but I always try to remind myself that everyone's life is different and just because I don't agree doesn't mean they're wrong, or what they're saying or doing is bad. And then two seconds later I abandon my judgment and wait until the next impression.

I operate on forgive and forget. And I'm very quick on both.
    Hateful judgment is still emotion. So should they suppress?

No. Like with fear, and any emotion, hate should be reasoned out and looked at rationally. Very little hate is ever rational.
    You see your opinions are not well thought out and are simply things you think sound nice without thinking through.

You reckon? I spend a lot of time thinking about why I think how I think, why I feel how I feel, why I do what I do, why I react in the way I react. My opinion is very well thought out and I am completely comfortable with it. But thanks for your concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

I'm likin' these Jack Daniels and coke cans. :D €2.30 in Tesco. I don't drink spirits but I would buy one of these for an occasion! They're delicious :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

This thread started off exciting.. but now it's just made me flaccid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Well I have to say I like yer style, usually it goes from alcohol to sex but in this thread it went from sex to alcohol.

Bravo.

It'll go full circle in a couple of hours!

Stop blaming the thread for something your hand did.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Try giving instead of receiving?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

Aw, don't say that word....it makes me want to sick up a little bit :(

Flaccid isn't as bad as moist.

Aw, don't say that word....it makes me want to sick up a little bit :(

Its a horrible word, like MOIST

bleugh

Snakeblood wrote: »

I like your style. I just love it to see the man I'm with in being enraptured in pleasure. I find that just as much of a turn on and an essential part of really good, hot sex.

bleugh

:eek:

*checks times*

...copycat

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Stop shagging Irish women. Famously rubbish.

Snakeblood

Darlughda
    I like your style. I just love it to see the man I'm with in being enraptured in pleasure. I find that just as much of a turn on and an essential part of really good, hot sex.

He might of meant alcohol though:D

Flaccid isn't as bad as moist.

bleugh
    This thread is making me start to miss sex, damn being single, its the worst part about it, no regular sexy time
    Preaching to the choir :(

I see a pattern. I'll just leave this here. :P

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Stop shagging Irish women. Famously rubbish.

*grabs popcorn*

This should be good...

Don't eat all the popcorn Krudler. Keith has the same uncooked cocktail sausage squirming at half mast problem as our Corkman does.

Darlughda wrote: »
    Don't eat all the popcorn Krudler. Keith has the same uncooked cocktail sausage squirming at half mast problem as our Corkman does.

The Irish certainly have a way with euphemisms for genitalia..

• Advertisement

CorkMan wrote: »
    I remember in my teenage years always fantasizing about it, seeing Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez, Shakira etc on TV. But when I did have sex, I thought "Why isn't this what it is supposed to be?".

It seems your mind makes it out to be a lot bigger than what it actually is, you spend a lot of time thinking about it but when it comes to the event you think "Meh". Anyone agree?

You're not shagging the likes of who you want to be shagging ;)

RoverJames wrote: »
    You're not shagging the likes of who you want to be shagging ;)

Especially when married a while:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭joebucks

Corkman: Get Santa to bring you a copy of The Kama Sutra.
    Maybe you will need to find an elephant.

.[/QUOTE]
    Not exactly the same thing, and I think that's fairly obvious. Do we really have to go down this road? Because we can, if it's really necessary, but I think we're both intelligent enough to figure out why it isn't.
    When you say cúnt in public it can cause offence to certain people. If I went into a jewish area with a swastika people would have a conniption. I would be having an affect on people. The swastika is an extreme example but some people get offended by someone talking about sex and is it fair to put that on them?

Now I don't care about offending people but you said that anything is fine once it doesn't impact people, I'm just pointing out that normal bodily functions do have an impact on some people. If I stop and piss into a river people with kids near by would have a fúcking fit but pissing is human right? It's not unhygienic because it's being washed away by the river.
    I think it's quite dangerous to go down that road. They made a movie with Christian Bale about it. Should explain it all, really.
    I love the logic "buh buh the moviez said it's badz:("

People vote based on what they feel. They go for the nice not the right guy. People buy products based on what they feel not based on what is the best product. Advertising works by manipulating peoples feelings.

People give me far too much credit simply because I can paint. I act like a cúnt but once they find out I can paint they have a completely different emotional reaction towards me. Even on boards I posted some pictures and someone told me they thought I was a prick until they seen I could draw.:D

The reasons behind emotions are not sound reasons to make judgments on. Read any legal thread in AH and it's clear most cannot separate their emotions from their reasoning.
    What logic is there in reacting with fear to emotions? Seriously? You seem like you're very logic-oriented; what is the logic in reacting with fear to things literally all of us feel instead of simply talking it through and moving past it?
    Well I never said you should react with fear, did I?
    Fear is just another emotion that is better off being suppressed. There was a good reason for fear but it's not very useful in todays world where you are better of calculating what you should avoid instead of relying on fear.

Logic tells me to not mess around with lions or hang off cliffs with no equipment, I don't need fear.
    There is none. Lack of empathy will do nothing for our society and has, in fact, been responsible for the majority, if not all, of atrocities the world has experienced to date. Lack of empathy allows people to treat others as lesser beings, and that is never right.
    This is you trying to use emotion to win an argument. I'm surprised you didn't mention hitler. You blame the worlds problems on a lack of empathy but why not blame the other emotions that were the driving forces instead of a lack of an emotion you believe could have stopped them.

I don't think more empathy would not have stopped them. People don't feel empathy for people equally. Most Americans would choose to have 200,000 Arabs dead than 100 Americans. They empathise more with Americans.
    Being human is a beautiful experience and experiencing emotions is one of the best parts of it.
    In a controlled manner, yes.
    Of course I've passed judgment before, but I always try to remind myself that everyone's life is different and just because I don't agree doesn't mean they're wrong, or what they're saying or doing is bad. And then two seconds later I abandon my judgment and wait until the next impression.
    So if you get an initial feeling that someone is a prick you will suppress this emotion?

What happened to not suppressing emotions. If you get the feeling that someone is a cúnt why suppress it if you think suppressing emotions is bad?
    No. Like with fear, and any emotion, hate should be reasoned out and looked at rationally. Very little hate is ever rational.
    True. The same can be said for love. You can manipulate someone into loving you. Even through abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭t0mm13b

joebucks wrote: »
    Corkman: Get Santa to bring you a copy of The Kama Sutra.
    Maybe you will need to find an elephant.

Speaking of elephant....
    [NSFW] linky :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

It'll go full circle in a couple of hours!
    So will Basq, probably ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Get his/her finger up your a$$ while you doing the deed, nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,013 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

CorkMan wrote: »
    I remember in my teenage years always fantasizing about it, seeing Beyonce, Jennifer Lopez, Shakira etc on TV. But when I did have sex, I thought "Why isn't this what it is supposed to be?".

You're only young, you'll learn eventually.

efb wrote: »
    Get his/her finger up your a$$ while you doing the deed, nice!

Hmmmm.....

I dunno maybe doing a quick prostate check-up at an inconvenient time.... hmmmm :rolleyes:

t0mm13b wrote: »
    Hmmmm.....

I dunno maybe doing a quick prostate check-up at an inconvenient time.... hmmmm :rolleyes:

There's an erogenous zone up there!!!

There's an erogenous zone up there!!!

Maybe.... but what if it was her finger and her fake finger nail got snagged... :eek: but hang on a here, that's a one way street - an exit route not an entrance route.... :p

t0mm13b wrote: »
    Maybe.... but what if it was her finger and her fake finger nail got snagged... :eek: but hang on a here, that's a one way street - an exit route not an entrance route.... :p

Give it a go man, never creamed as much in my life... but he was magical with his finger...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

Depends on the situation really, if I was eating out a girl :

fyp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Careful now.

Give it a go man, never creamed as much in my life... but he was magical with his finger...

lol!! :D "magical with his finger".... sound like a rampant rabbit with a twist .... oh .... nvm... forget I ever suggested that... now the mods are watching this with a close eye....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement