Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moved: playschool fees

Options
  • 04-12-2010 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

My daughter's playschool was closed (as most of them) due to severe weather conditions. The playschool is just across the street, but had to take a week off work and stay home with the little one... I pay monthly for the playschool and now I'm wondering, should they charge me for the week it was closed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

I'd check the contract you got when you registered with the play school to be sure.
    However I would imagine you will still be charged even though it was closed.
    That would be normal practice in nurseries, as they still need to cover the cost of staff/rent/overheads etc

It is frustrating, I'm in the same boat, paid up for the week even though we were snowed in & couldn't get near the place!

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

I am in the same boat..daughters creche was closed for 3 days last week but i didnt send her in all week as my other childrens school was closed..i asked them this morning when dropping her in what was the situation with fees for last week and they said they didnt know they had to check with management to see..the way i'm thinking i should only have to pay for the 2 days they were open and not the 3 days that they were closed:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

My son's is open but yesterday he fell flat on his face coming out of it as they did not de ice the path and now I dont want to bring him because I dont want to risk injury.

I know its my choice not to bring him as they are open, but I do think they should be required by law to have the path de iced - toddlers, wobblers and parents carrying babies, doesnt seem like much of a choice if you have to risk accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

I know its my choice not to bring him as they are open, but I do think they should be required by law to have the path de iced - toddlers, wobblers and parents carrying babies, doesnt seem like much of a choice if you have to risk accident.

I don't know if it's required by law, but it's definitely required by common sense! I worked in a creche up til this September when I went back to college, and last year we managed to stay open because there were a couple of girls living in the village who didn't have to drive. But everyday we would have been out with the salt shaking it all over the place so that children, parents & staff would be able to get to the door safely.

Advertisement