Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Found in the snow....

Options
  • 04-12-2010 2:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭

(Moderator please move if neccessary)

An Apple Ipod, just last night if it belongs to you or a friend who is moaning because they lost it PM me.
    Owner must be able to prove it belongs to them obviously.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Approximate location?

Anyway, it's not mine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Bjorn Bored.

Navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Make it known to the Gardai and maybee the shopping centre security that you found one and give them a contact number.
    I know I would go out mind if I lost my IPod :eek:
    Fair play to you. I hope you find the owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Can you go into Settings>General>About and search the name on Facebook? Fair play to you btw

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭maxextz

funny i found a phone on the road yesterday.some young girl dropped it so i called the last number dialed it was "mummyxx":rolleyes: i told her i found it and would leave it in one of her local shops.

luckily for her it wasn't run over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭- bo -

Make it known to the Gardai and maybee the shopping centre security that you found one and give them a contact number.
    I know I would go out mind if I lost my IPod :eek:
    Fair play to you. I hope you find the owner.

I'd advise against giving it in to the cops to be honest, probably less likely to find its owner if its handed into them lot..

- bo - wrote: »
    I'd advise against giving it in to the cops to be honest, probably less likely to find its owner if its handed into them lot..

That's what I ment by saying give them a contact number. Just in case someone rings to see If someone handed it in.

If it's an iPod touch there would usually be enough info on it to find the owner or someone who does.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

- bo - wrote: »

Can't blame the Gardai for owners not claiming back their property, they're not telepathic you know. And if all is done correctly by the officer receiving lost property it should be logged and will quite easily be retrieved if claimed.

In most cases you will be advised to undertake some reasonable steps to reunite the owner with his/her property yourself and contact details will be recorded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Bjorn Bored.

there is no internet or facebook app on this i pod but i have found a serial number,i wonder if i contact apple would they have the owner on a database?

there is no internet or facebook app on this i pod but i have found a serial number,i wonder if i contact apple would they have the owner on a database?

If you go into the app store thier E-mail adress should be the first thing to pop up as it prompts you to enter a passwaord.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭- bo -

Can't blame the Gardai for owners not claiming back their property, they're not telepathic you know. And if all is done correctly by the officer receiving lost property it should be logged and will quite easily be retrieved if claimed.

In most cases you will be advised to undertake some reasonable steps to reunite the owner with his/her property yourself and contact details will be recorded.

The reason I posted what I posted was because of the bit in bold...

Advertisement