Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strikeforce: Henderson v Babalu, December 4th

• 04-12-2010 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭

Dan Henderson v Renato "Babalu" Sobral
    Paul Daley v Scott Smith
    Robbie Lawlor v Matt Lindland
    Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva v Mike Kyle
    Benji Radach v Ovince St Preux

Was looking forward to the Smith v Daley fight but Scott looked very gaunt at the weigh-ins, I think he will be going back to 185 lbs after this fight if Daley wins this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭cardio,shoot me

cant see hendo troubling babalu at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

excellent card, Hendo said he wasn't 100% against shields. I think Babalu is a great fighter but probably not top 10. If Hendo doesn't win...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭sonic85

will this be on bravo? they seem to show strikeforce cards the odd time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

This is a pretty interesting card, probably better than it looked pre-injuries. I can't really choose between Hendo and Babalu. I'm a big Babalu fan but I'm not sure he can deal with the power Hendo brings to the table. It'll be interesting to see if this goes to the ground and who takes it there.

Daley and Smith should be fireworks, but I think Smith's stand up is a bit rudimentary to trouble Semtex.

I think Lawlor will walk through Lindland, I'd be very surprised if he doesn't get knocked out.

You have to respect Mike Kyle taking the Big Foot fight on such short notice. He looks in good shape since he had been preparing for Roger Gracie in January. I can't see him getting past Silva. Probably a better fight than the original one against Oldereem.

I'm really looking forward to seeing St Preux again. He's looked very impressive lately. All in all, its not exactly the strongest card on paper but has the potential to be a great night of fights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭sonic85

this will be shown on monday night at 10pm on bravo2 for anyone thats interested. just checked the listings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

If someone doesn't get sparked tonight then the show will be a massive failure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭TheProdigy

unknown13 wrote: »

What an idiotic comment, something I would expect from somebody with little knowledge of the sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Wanted to place a few bets on paddypower.com but it only offers the option of betting on the outright winners of the bouts?
    Is this the usual for strikeforce cards?

I think Hendo is getting this. He'll rock Babalu late in the second and finish for the TKO.
    205 is the right weight for Hendo. Hoping to see Daley win this and get mauled by Nick Diaz. :D :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Daly and Smith :D:D:D Wow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Pontificatus

What time is this on at?

Main card is at 3am, as far as I know. There's some prelims shown live on Sherdog starting earlier (half 1 I think?).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭demolitionman

TheProdigy wrote: »
    What an idiotic comment, something I would expect from somebody with little knowledge of the sport.

Shows how little you know of the sport actually.

Daley and Smith is a guaranteed KO, and dont be surprised if it happens in one of the other fights either. Some serious heavy hitters on board tonight. Get down off your juvenile ''I've followed MMA for 6 months so suddenly I think im an expert '' High horse. Now i think you'll find the amateur exit is over there towards your left, thats it, head on out of there and you should arrive at the Pro Wrestling forum. Bye.

Will be turning down the volume for the sherdog covered prelims. Jordan Breen is on commentary.

I actually agree with unknown this card is designed for a KO.
    C'mon Daly,Smith,Hendo,Lawler,Radach,Silva.Can you see any of these going to the judge's?should they go to Judge's it will be 15 minute war's

Can't understand why you would say its stupid to think there will be KO's?

dave1982 wrote: »
    C'mon Daly,Smith,Hendo,Lawler,Radach,Silva.Can you see any of these going to the judge's?should they go to Judge's it will be 15 minute war's

I think his issue with it stems from unknown13 implying the card will be a complete failure if there isn't a KO, regardless of whether the fight is exciting or not. I don't think it was meant as such, though. Personally, I'd prefer a 15 minute slugfest between Daley and Smith - not gonna happen though :p But the other fights could easily end up being 3 grinders and a Big Foot sub.

Jayo_M wrote: »
    I think his issue with it stems from unknown13 implying the card will be a complete failure if there isn't a KO, regardless of whether the fight is exciting or not. I don't think it was meant as such, though. Personally, I'd prefer a 15 minute slugfest between Daley and Smith - not gonna happen though :p But the other fights could easily end up being 3 grinders and a Big Foot sub.

Haha agreed looking forward to Daly Smith.Daly won't give Smith the trouble Cung Le did no fancy kicks off Daly but yeah i love 15 minute fight's provided both fighters are active.Only fight i can see being boring is Linland Lawler should Linland take Lawler down and do nothing to finish it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Will be turning down the volume for the sherdog covered prelims. Jordan Breen is on commentary.
    are you an electrician?

dave1982 wrote: »

Can't understand why you think I said that?

What are you even talking about? Read the thread next time before you make an illogical post.

My point was in relation to somebody suggesting that if there wasn't a KO than the event would be a "massive failure", which is total nonsense.

Shows how little you know of the sport actually.

Daley and Smith is a guaranteed KO, and dont be surprised if it happens in one of the other fights either. Some serious heavy hitters on board tonight. Get down off your juvenile ''I've followed MMA for 6 months so suddenly I think im an expert '' High horse. Now i think you'll find the amateur exit is over there towards your left, thats it, head on out of there and you should arrive at the Pro Wrestling forum. Bye.

If only there was a grammar forum to the left. ;)

You seemed to have failed to grasp the basis of my point so quite an irrelevant post tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Wow I really expected more from Radek. Nice opening to what promises to be a fantastic card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Will be switching over as soon as the Maia fight is finished. Taken it's time with the sky sports ads

What a clinic from Daley. Beautiful knockout. I really hope to see Daley vs. Diaz sometime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

If only there was a grammar forum to the left. ;)

You seemed to have failed to grasp the basis of my point so quite an irrelevant post tbh.

Bit of a dick aint ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭demolitionman

Can't understand why you think I said that?

What are you even talking about? Read the thread next time before you make an illogical post.

My point was in relation to somebody suggesting that if there wasn't a KO than the event would be a "massive failure", which is total nonsense.

you're right. if only there was a grammar forum. muppet. ;)

What a great show. Alot of potential shown by OSP, Kyle/Silva way better than I expected and 3 vicious KO's in a row. I thought Kyle had Big Foot finished for sure in the first, how wrong was I.

Unbelievable Jeff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Leave out the personal abuse lads, its petty.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Some absolutely vicious KOs on that card :eek:

Who looks like an idiot now? The fights went down exactly as I expected.

• Advertisement

Who looks like an idiot now? The fights went down exactly as I expected.

You never said there would be KO's, did you ?

And I never said there wouldn't be KO's, did I ?

You said if there was not a KO the event would be a massive failure, which I said was idiotic and it is.

There could have been no KO's and 5 brilliant fights last night but under your judgement that would have been a failure of an event!

So stop pretending you predicted KO's or the sort, because you didn't.

You made a foolish statement that still looks foolish, because your judging of the event being a success or not was based on whether there would be KO's or not. And if you actually took notice of my post I never said you were you an idiot, I said your comment was idiotic.

I wouldn't jump on the bandwagon with the other posters who confused your post because you never predicted anything buddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Some absolutely vicious KOs on that card :eek:

Big time!

the card was no longer than half hour i would say!

very entertaining night of fights with the 2 promotions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Awesome knock outs. Really good to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

serious chin on bigfoot silva

TechnoPool wrote: »

You should see his head.

TechnoPool wrote: »

Agreed he got dropped at on stage,and he no expression whatsoever as if he happy to be dropped with a punch.

Great great card probably the best in a while

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Has to be the best strikeforce in an absolute age.

"Who wants KO's for xmas?" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

That was an awesome card. I that Lindland was dead, brutal KO that was!.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 715 ✭✭✭HellsAngel

Oh_Noes wrote: »
    What a clinic from Daley. Beautiful knockout. I really hope to see Daley vs. Diaz sometime soon.
    Glad you enjoyed Daley's KO, but a thing I'd like to ask about Daley:

Wins -19 (T)KOs 2 Submissions 5 Decisions

Losses -1 (T)KOs 5 Submissions 3 Decisions

As Koscheck said before he fought him, " he's only got a good left hook. Take that away from him and what else has he got ? " What's your thoughts chaps ?

HellsAngel wrote: »
    Glad you enjoyed Daley's KO, but a thing I'd like to ask about Daley:

Wins -19 (T)KOs 2 Submissions 5 Decisions

Losses -1 (T)KOs 5 Submissions 3 Decisions

As Koscheck said before he fought him, " he's only got a good left hook. Take that away from him and what else has he got ? " What's your thoughts chaps ?

The right straight/hook which dropped Smith in that fight.

• Advertisement
Advertisement