Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlesland shuttle bus

Options
  • 04-12-2010 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

FAO: the person who complained to the mgt company about letting a lady and child on the shuttle bus on Thursday evening. I hope what goes around comes around for you.

Background: A lady and child approached the driver and said she had no way to get back to Eden gate in the snow and stated clearly she was not a charlesand resident and if possible and if the bus was not full could she hop on as a once off.

Next day a nice person brimming with Christmas spirit sent an irate email to the mgt company complaining that this person should not have been allowed on and criticising the bus driver.

As a Charlesland resident who used the shuttle bus for the first time this week in 4 years I was very thankful of that particular bus driver turning up day in day out when other companies surely wouldnt have due to the conditions.

Anyway I hope you are proud of yourself and keep up the good work, you must have a miserable life if that is what you feel needs to be complained about.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 annf

I agree with everything in the previous post. Shame on the person who complained to the management company. How could you complain about somebody doing the right thing? No residents were left behind and the bus didn't go off its regular route so nobody was delayed.

Sean, the bus driver, has done an amazing job for the last week, turning up every morning and evening without fail. Like a lot of people on the bus I would be lost without him. He has done a tough job with unfailing good humour and professionalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

I think he's also done some time beyond what he was supposed to while it was the turn of the leaves to hold up the countrys public transport system. Fair play to him. I hope whoever received the letter of complaint isn't a moron and deals with it appropriately.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

OP how do you know "Next day a nice person brimming with Christmas spirit sent an irate email to the mgt company complaining that this person should not have been allowed on and criticising the bus driver."?

If you know the sender of the irate email then you should make your point (one which I agree with) clear to them. Backing it up with the sentiments of the contributions here. Perhaps that is what you are going to do. Or did do. In which case well done.

Most of us don't like confrontation and in some way feel that posting on a forum achieves something. More often than not it doesn't. Really talking face to face with the wrongdoer is the only way to get somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

There are really some baaaaa humbugs out there!!! Fair play to the driver for using his common sense and allowing the lady and her child on the bus.

As for the sad person who complained, well lets say they are just probably very sad lonely individuals who have no sense of common decency or goodwill and hope they are not entertained by the management company as I would rather pay my fees and have someone helped. I definately would have huge issue continuing to pay my fees if action was taken against this driver considering they are bigger issues that the management company have failed to resolve!! Ie rather large Mobile home in the back of someones garden which was dangerously placed there and illegally placed there and is still there!!!!!!! I shall say no more!!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭caji

It's pretty pathetic of the person that complained to not voice their complaint when Sean asked if it was ok for the lady and child to get on.

I called the Tony Doyle's on Friday after I got home and told them about how fantastic the driver is. I asked them to pass on the positive comments to him. I think more people that feel the same should contact the bus company and management company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭yesap

Firstin, in answer to your question, I only know because the driver apologised to everybody on the bus the next day. An apology I did not think he should have had to make.

As I do not know who made the complaint I just hoped that they might monitor this forum. I also thought it might be good for people to hear the full story just in case it is brought up by that nice person at the next management meeting.

I am not one to normally post on sites buy this really got to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 donstavros

YESAP: Thanks for bringing this up!

Baaa humbug is right! What kind of person would prefer a woman and a young child WALK in the freezing conditions then take an available seat on the Shuttle bus. People like that are so selfish and need to take a chill pill!

I really hope that the person who made the complaint reads these comments and understands how wrong they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

That's outrageous I'll contact the other residents committed abut this.

I was on the bus when it happened and I for one applaud sean

Noone objected at the time when he asked. In all fairness it was rotten weather and probably not too safe for a mother and young child to walkthe mile down there

Here's to Sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 judy1

I agree with what Sean done. He is very good within his job and is always polite and friendly with every one on the Bus.
    He did ask if it was ok to let the women and young child on, and I said yes along with at least 8+ other people on the Bus.

Who ever complained about him doing this of his own back is a lie'r and must have a sad life.... Maybe one day you'll get left off the bus....

The way the weather was last week I think that we (Charlesland) are very lucky to have a Driver like him who turned up every time when every other transport service shutdown and left poeple stranded.
    He deserves a bonus for the work he did getting us to work and home again nice and safe. Well done Sean, keep up the good work!

I contacted wyse about this, waiting on a response.

• Advertisement

Sounds like he received a reprimand over this, given that he apologised the following day.

Apparently there were several complaints about the service as well?????

bloody unbelieveable! I thought with the conditions in hand he deserves a medal!

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

dr ro wrote: »
    Sounds like he received a reprimand over this, given that he apologised the following day.

That's unbelievable. I've been living in the area for 6 months and that bus is an invaluable service. It's a nice personal touch to be acknowledged every time getting on and off, and certainly if anyone is willing to put something further together in terms of contacting Wyse and voiceing their displeasure over the complaint, reprimand & apology, I would gladly add my name to it.

im already doing it and chasing the overall committee.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

I dont use this bus often but would have been lost without it last week. I too think he did a wonderful job last week and should be praised for it, he always says hi to everyone and with a smile...dont see that often these days.

So fair play Sean.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 annf

I emailed Wyse, and copied the email to Tony Doyle Coaches, because I am very angry about this. Nora Carroll from Wyse agreed that the complaint was unwarranted but because the complaint was received they had to pass it on. I don't agree with that, I think Wyse should has used their judgement and parked this complaint.

I also advised them so this thread so they can read what other users of the bus think.

If you want to contact Wyse their email address is info@wyse.ie.

The person who complained should have been told where to get off, so to speak. However, as the complaint was passed on, the next time this issue arises the lady with baby and buggy will probably be told to walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭yesap

I must say my faith in good people has been restored from reading similar minded posts...when I heard of the complaint I just couldnt believe people could be so mean.

Thanks to everybody who took the time to follow up with Tom Doyle/Wyse afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tdconline

Hi All,
    Tony Doyle Coaches Ltd here. I would like to follow up with you all on the incident from last week.

We have been supportive of Sean's stance to allow the mother and child to board the coach, given the extreme circumstances. I thank you all for your emails and posts to this forum in support of Sean and for confirming that there were no objections voiced at the time, despite the complainants understanding that there were many and that Sean had taken it upon himself to allow them to board the coach.

I feel the management company were correct to have passed on the complaint, as all of us are entitled to our opinion. Obviously in this case it would seem that the complainant is in the minority.

We would assume that this is a once off occurrence and that under normal conditions only those who pay their management fees will be entitled to use the service.

Hi,

Andrew here from the Crescent Management Company, Thanks for posting up your response.

I think due to the circumstances (hazardous road and footpath conditions, mother and young child) this wasn't an issue. As well as the fact that he asked everyone on the bus did anyone have any objections and everyone said no that the complain should have been parked and he shouldn't have had to apologise to the users either.

If possible i think you can pass on our thanks to Sean for his work over the last few weeks with the road conditions as i personally believe he did a sterling job as on some occassions i expecte him not to turn up due to the weather, but presto there he was.

So from the Crescent a big thanks to Sean.

A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,066 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

That complainant seems very very mean and petty minded altogether

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Johnnymcg wrote: »
    That complainant seems very very mean and petty minded altogether

Cowardly was what I was thinking, but have to agree with you too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 judy1

I would have been very anoyed with the person if they complained about me doing the right thing. You couldnt leave a women and young child out on a cold winter night like last Thursday, with no transport to get home.
    Fair play to the driver for doing the right thing. God forbid that something might happen to them on a bad cold evening like that. Its a long walk from Charlesland to Eden Gate for a young child, and I'm outraged that that person complained and expected them to walk from the train station.
    That person's attitude still has myself very anoyed, thay need to get a life and a bit of cop-on...SAD GIT..

Fair play to Tony Doyle coaches and the Cresent asso.. for showing their surport to the Driver.

Well done once again to the Driver for getting us to work over the last few weeks. I thought that the bus would not have turned up for at least 2 or 3 days last week. The weather and roads were so bad, other transport services shut down. He kept his bus running just like it was any other day.

Once again a big thanks Sean for your bus services and good attitude. Im sure I speek for 99% of Charsland who use the bus.

Thanks for a job well done..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

tdconline wrote: »
    We would assume that this is a once off occurrence and that under normal conditions only those who pay their management fees will be entitled to use the service.
    The complainant has got his way though!!!!!!!
    What a pity

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

To be fair John, while allowance could and should have been made in this exceptional circumstance, I don't think it's fair that those of us in Charlesland who pay for the bus (whether we use it or not) should fork out to provide a service to people who use Charlesland and the shuttle service as a "park and ride".

If you don't believe me, spend a morning watching cars park in the Wood or at the shops and the drivers stroll to the stop to board the shuttle. I myself have addressed the issue directly with someone who regularly parked at the Wood and hopped on the bus (and no longer does so). No point involving the driver who cannot possibly know who is a genuine user and who isn't.

The simple fact remains, if the lady and child had not identified themselves to Sean, nobody (including the complainant) would have be any the wiser.

Highlighting that the shuttle is abused by people who don't pay for it is not wrong. Pinpointing an instance such as the one outlined in this thread is unwarranted and disgraceful given that the resident who made the complaint didn't speak out when invited to do so by Sean and says more about the lack of backbone and humanity of the complainant than the consideration of Sean in the action he took.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Mikedragon32, I can't disagree with your points. I am neither a resident of Charlesland or a user of the shuttle.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Merrilady

Just reading the thread - Wow !!
    I cant belive the pettiness of that person.

As an Eden Gate resident, it is great to see the neighbourly love from you Charleslanders :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭pieface_ie

just seen this thread. unbelievable, who ever complained is a right old moany wa*ker. Its not as do it effected them in anyway.

+1 On a great service from Tony Doyle Coaches.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭garden_snapper

I too contacted Tony Doyle and my management company in support of Sean. Without him the workforce of our estate would have grinded to a halt. Numerous colleagues in work were unable to get to DART services and lost holidays which they had planned to spend with their families at Christmas. Many of them down the Country. Sean’s hard work meant that we as Charlesland residents didn't have to suffer the same.

I would have to say however that I am disappointed with Tony Doyle coaches message here as I don’t feel it supports Sean enough. We are talking about a woman and child in freezing weather and dangerous roads. Management fees are not the issue here our basic courtesy for other people is the issue and whoever submitted that complaint showed a very obvious lack of it. I assume they never plan on being a mother or father because with an attitude like that they would not have much compassion to offer a child.

Community spirit indeed.

p.s I love Charlesland! And Merry Christmas to all the nice people :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement