Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legal or not?

Options
  • 04-12-2010 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

just a quick question? I live in a quiet cul d sac. Their is a man who lives on my road and seems to be running a distribution business from his home, my problim is at least once week a big truck delivers to his home and blocks up the whole road for at least half an hour? as well as the inconvenience this causes me trying to drive of my road my main concern is some small child will get hurt as their is a lot of small kids playing outside everyday, can somebody please advice me if this is legal or not? Thanks in advance.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Welcome to Boards. Please have a read of this forum to familiarise yourself with the site.

With regard to your question I have moved it from the Bands & Musicians forum where it has nothing to do with the topics beings discussed to the Accommodation & Property forum where you might get an answer.

Accommodation & Property Mods: If this question is more suitable somewhere else, feel free to move it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 frandman

didnt relise i posted in bands and musicians, thanks for moving

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

I have it in my head that you need a permit from the council for this kind of thing, but Im not 100% sure about it. If that is the case and they have said permission then there probably isnt a lot you can do about it.

djimi wrote: »
    I have it in my head that you need a permit from the council for this kind of thing, but Im not 100% sure about it. If that is the case and they have said permission then there probably isnt a lot you can do about it.
    ok so lets say he has a permit to run a business from his home, Is it not illegal for hgvs to enter private residental estates?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

I think thats what he need the permit for. Like I said tho, I could be talking complete bollox.

It might be worth asking your local council about actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

frandman wrote: »
    didnt relise i posted in bands and musicians, thanks for moving
    No problem!
    ok so lets say he has a permit to run a business from his home, Is it not illegal for hgvs to enter private residental estates?
    This thread is a few years old but it might have some useful information on the subject for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Is it not illegal for hgvs to enter private residental estates?

Not unless the council have made it a by-law for that estate.

Check with your council and your local councillors.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There is no particular problem with working from home. Many people do it. The test would be how many people come and go to the business and how does it impact on the area.

However, running a business with deliveries would appear to be a change from a residential to a commercial character and and may need planning permission.

HGV access would depend on bye-laws and local traffic rules, which are usually signed. While access for deliveries is normally OK, it isn't if the property doesn't have PP.

Victor wrote: »
    There is no particular problem with working from home. Many people do it. The test would be how many people come and go to the business and how does it impact on the area.

However, running a business with deliveries would appear to be a change from a residential to a commercial character and and may need planning permission.

HGV access would depend on bye-laws and local traffic rules, which are usually signed. While access for deliveries is normally OK, it isn't if the property doesn't have PP.
    I have no prob with this man running a buisness from his home, but when i have to sit in my car for 15-20 mins while a hgv blocks up my whole road and unloads into his house it bothers me, also i would think thats a health and safety issue. used to be like every 2nd month now its a weekly thing

Advertisement