Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell it like it is

Options
  • 04-12-2010 3:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭

Anyone notice how The Kilkenny People Newspaper is beginning to look more like "Pravda" every week with constant articles telling us how the future of our economic lives is secure with our glorious leader (KK Chamber of Commerce). I'm all for positivity and as Tesco (which we don't have because we is posh) say "every little helps" but at a lot of the stuff that's being trumpeted as economically groundbreaking translates into diddly squat when it comes to bulk jobs for the masses that are unemployed locally. Time to report whats really happening on the ground.

Tell it like it is>>>>

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭t63m

Frankly I'd prefer to be half damned half saved. Better than having muzak played to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

I don't think you should feel too bothered about it.

When you think about it anything locally newsworthy is delivered free of charge through peoples doors by the Kilkenny Advertiser. With this in mind paying for your news and announcements when they are freely available means that those who pay prefer to have their information masticated first. They are paying to avoid truth, I think the Roman saying was "The people wish to be deceived".

Globally newspapers are in decline with only a handful growing to dominate their regional markets.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

Personally, I get all the best and most pertinent Kilkenny news from this reputable source and 'they' don't like the Kilkenny People either. It's a real trailblazer:

http://thekilkennyreporter.wetpaint.com/page/The+absoluitely+useless+Kilkenny+People+newspaper

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Threadhead wrote: »
    Personally, I get all the best and most pertinent Kilkenny news from this reputable source and 'they' don't like the Kilkenny People either. It's a real trailblazer:

http://thekilkennyreporter.wetpaint.com/page/The+absoluitely+useless+Kilkenny+People+newspaper

Is there a grammar Nazi position opening there. It made my eyes bleed to read it. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

It made my everything bleed to read it.

what on earth is it? Its like the royston vasey chronicle!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

I smell another Pulitzer...

thank You, thank you thank you! recognition at last!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

KK People ran an editorial maybe 2 years ago on Waterfords aspirations to poach parts of the south county.

The editor called for a reasoned debate on the issue whilst publishing a cartoon of Adolf Hitler superimposed on a map of the counties declaring 'Waterfords land grab'.

As Alan Partridge would say it's a purveyor of 'provincial sloppiness':rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement