Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a new pc case

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

You do know that shipping from PC Look is utterly broken and you'll have to pay €15-20 shipping on each item? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Solitaire wrote: »
    You do know that shipping from PC Look is utterly broken and you'll have to pay €15-20 shipping on each item? :eek:

I have the radiator already, yea there shipping prices are ridiculous. I wouldnt buy from them because of shipping. I just need a watercooling pump, gfx cooling block for a 5870 which i just picked up this second :D and some piping too.

GPU cooler or card cooler? The latter are exceedingly expensive for non-EOL cards :o And what about CPU block, if any?

As for case, the cheapest I know of that can hold a dual-fan rad and fans all internally is the Xigmatek Utgard ;)

GPU cooler or card cooler? The latter are exceedingly expensive for non-EOL cards :o And what about CPU block, if any?

As for case, the cheapest I know of that can hold a dual-fan rad and fans all internally is the Xigmatek Utgard ;)

Would a gpu cooler be enough? I have a apogee gt but for the moment am going to use a h70 and just use the watercooling system just for card and maybe the motherboard. Thats the reason I decided not to get a corsair 600t as it wont fit both unless i remove one of the h70s fans and put the other one on the outside of the case if I put the dual rad in also (watched a review that confirmed this).

Can you link me that review? :)

I think the CM690-II Advanced Edition and the HAF922 can also fit it all inside but that's it for sub-€120 midi towers that can hide the rad! The HAF912 can't, nor can the vast majority of Antec, Thermaltake or NZXT cases, who are all biased toward heavy air-cooling instead.

If you want a proper push-pull arrangement of fans around the rad and want to hide all that, I'm almost certain you're looking at a €150+ maxi-tower case though :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

yeah, the CM 690 II Advanced can do it

Can you link me that review? :)

I think the CM690-II Advanced Edition and the HAF922 can also fit it all inside but that's it for sub-€120 midi towers that can hide the rad! The HAF912 can't, nor can the vast majority of Antec, Thermaltake or NZXT cases, who are all biased toward heavy air-cooling instead.

If you want a proper push-pull arrangement of fans around the rad and want to hide all that, I'm almost certain you're looking at a €150+ maxi-tower case though :o

I dont mind price once is sub 200 but don't want something that looks well over the top, like subtle cases, heres the review http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh1kfw-3nRE. I'm not too bothered on the arrangement once it all fits in the case without having too stick the fans outside. Only reason I want too pick something over a haf932 is had it already in my last build so taught would try something else but if don't get anything as good will just get another one of them.

Depends on if you want push-only or push-pull - I suspect that trying the latter will necessitate most of said budget :o

On the other hand the three cases listed are non-blingy :) The Utgard and the CM690-II are suave and understated, and as you can guess the HAF922 is grunge/industrial ;)

Depends on if you want push-only or push-pull - I suspect that trying the latter will necessitate most of said budget :o

On the other hand the three cases listed are non-blingy :) The Utgard and the CM690-II are suave and understated, and as you can guess the HAF922 is grunge/industrial ;)

I like the orange in the Utgard would give me an excuse to use my Rasurbo orange psu rather than buying a coolermaster silent pro gold saving me a good bit of money and I've never seen a watercooling setting up with orange water in it :), I dont like the look of the front though. I like the cm690-II as could remove the bottom hd trays and put the radiator there then could just put all my media hd's in one of my servers. After looking over the utgard review think will get one and try it out :). Thanks :D
    Edit:
    Just noticed its only £70 so is less than half the price of my budget for the case, between that and using my other psu will give me money too add another gpu too my system :D

just bear in mind that as with almost any equivalent case if you add "pull" fans later they'll be sticking out the top!! :eek:

• Advertisement

just bear in mind that as with almost any equivalent case if you add "pull" fans later they'll be sticking out the top!! :eek:
    Don't think would do that, would rather the temps sit a little higher than have the fans stick out the top, would look silly in my opinion.

I was just about the utgard and came across this one http://www.peats.com/cgi-bin/catalog_v2.cgi?id=27379&type=product Has anyone heard anything of this case, i've found 1 review and got 96/100 so cant be bad I think. Think it might be a replacement for the utgard. Might pick up this one instead and would be handy being able to drop in and pick it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

I'm not so sure you can fit your rad at the top of the case from peats.
    It looks to me as there's not much room between bottom of rad or fans will be and the top of mobo.
    If no radiator is installed you can place 2 x 120mm or 140mm fans at the top of the case. Alternatively you can install 1 x 170mm fan

I would advise picking a case with a bit of headroom though,in case you want to add additional things to the loop.

As for cooling the mobo,unless your going for very high overclocks or the case airflow is very poor its not worth it.It only adds heat to the loop.
    That being said its very bling ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Maj Malfunction

Take a look at the case below - http://www.elara.ie/products/detailsfull.asp?productcode=ECE1735185

Its the P193 from Antec, its a nice case has lots of room and has been designed with water cooling in mind. It might fit your requirements & it won't arrive in little bits!

I have one myself and can recommend it.

It also weighs ten tons and is well out of budget!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Maj Malfunction

It also weighs ten tons and is well out of budget!

Its under €200 so its in budget :P Won't argue with you about the weight! Certainly not ideal for a LAN Party machine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Certainly not ideal for a LAN Party machine :D
    I've brought a CM Stacker 832 to plenty of lans - weighs just as much if not more...

With the headroom on the Xigmatek Pantheon there is a compartment at the top which you get too by removing some mesh at the top, could put the fans there and have the radiator on the inside below them then would give more space giving more wiggle room. I had a p180 and I found after a while I really dont like having a door on the computer even if can remove it, I replaced it with the haf932 which I was much happier with. I could also extend my budget a bit too something like this if gave me everything I needed http://www.peats.com/cgi-bin/catalog_v2.cgi?id=24469&type=product

The cosmos is huge and a decent enough WC case.
    I did look at it myself while searching for a case.

If your willing to go to that sorta cash i would also look at Corsair obsidian series,Coolmaster Atcs 840 and the mother of all WC cases a Siverstone TJO7 ( i have one so i'm bias :rolleyes: )

Its down to you what case you like and if its within the budget.

If you want to use peats then stick with the cosmos.

game4it70 wrote: »
    The cosmos is huge and a decent enough WC case.
    I did look at it myself while searching for a case.

If your willing to go to that sorta cash i would also look at Corsair obsidian series,Coolmaster Atcs 840 and the mother of all WC cases a Siverstone TJO7 ( i have one so i'm bias :rolleyes: )

Its down to you what case you like and if its within the budget.

If you want to use peats then stick with the cosmos.

Never heard of any of them, will have too look into them now :). Alot more cases than I taught there would be too choose from. I can increase my budget up as far as them cases but for that money would want something miles better than the xigmatek. Reason I have more from my budget is bought a monitor for 40 and fixed it for 5, they cost 600 new :) so my triple screen setup got its second screen on the cheap, saving a good bit :D

• Advertisement

deceit wrote: »
    Reason I have more from my budget is bought a monitor for 40 and fixed it for 5, they cost 600 new :) so my triple screen setup got its second screen on the cheap, saving a good bit :D
    Result! :cool:

Was in pcworld today as was looking for printer paper and noticed the utgard in stock :). Checked it out and really liked it, was only 100 too which is really cheap for a bricks and motars store, same price to get it shipped from the uk. I really like the seperate compartment for the radiator in the top.
    I am really happy with it and now means I get to add a good bit more too other parts of my build and will be perfect for me with a black case and all the orange bits in it including watercooling :)

Thanks for pointing this one out too me solitaire :).

I'm glad you found a case you like but i cant believe you admitted going to the purple parade place :P

game4it70 wrote: »
    I'm glad you found a case you like but i cant believe you admitted going to the purple parade place :P

I know I never usually shop there, was just in a rush and needed printing paper so was stuck for it :(. Really hate that shop, staff are the most unhelpful i've ever come across unless you are buying a laptop or such then they seem too be dying to help you (wonder if the work on commission). Usually they are stupidly priced like for example the had a 5770 for €250 the same day. I did check peats before I bought the case though and too get a display model even was going to cost me 120 so was a no brainer.

Advertisement