Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ION Drums for Rock Band (on Xbox)

Options
  • 04-12-2010 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭

Amazon.com won't ship them here.

Amazon.co.uk will ship, but has them way, way more expensive. Ridiculous.

Is there any way for me the get the ION drums for Rock Band at a decent price? I've tried looking around a lot of places online already now.

I'm guessing NO stores anywhere in this country have them or if they do they're at a rip-off price anyway.

I'd buy a 2nd hand set but don't see any around.
    Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

With Rock Band 3 you are no longer limited to ION kit's as they have released a separate Midi adapter for it for around 40.00, so in theory any midi kit should now work coupled with that.

Mind you I have not seen any of the adapters in shops here but should be easier and cheaper to get delivered. You could then with that in mind widen the search for drums perhaps.

As for midi kits I can't be of much help with them but I'm sure some of the others can.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

Yeah, I'm just having a look at electronic kits on Thomann at the moment. I would use a MIDI kit for other stuff making music on my laptop but I don't think I'll get away with paying less than 200 euro though. Oh well.
    Any other info appreciated, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dartstothesea

Oh, one other question, can any ION kit be used on any console (i.e. Xbox vs PS3 etc)?
    I'm seeing some on eBay that advertise as for all platforms...

Oh, just found this in case anyone's interesed: http://www.newenglandmusicsupply.com
    I think they're gonna ship to here! Double checking with 'em though.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

Apparently the UK will be getting the midi adapter late this week so it'll hopefully show up in Ireland soon after -

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-12-03-uk-getting-rock-band-3-midi-pro-adapter

Unfortunately Mad Catz uk online store 'gameshark' mentioned in the article doesn't ship outside the UK. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Closov

If you can't get something from amazon.co.uk, you can usually get it from .de or .fr Something to do with the €uro I'd imagine.

I got stuff direct from UK sellers they wouldn't sell through .co.uk but I had to buy it from Germany and it was still dspatched from the UK :rolleyes:

The Amazon sites are so generic you can navigate your way around without speaking the language... although if you really want to be sure, use Chrom and it will auto translate the pages for you...

Anyway, here's the good news, some RB Pro drum kits available on .de
    http://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B004075HA2/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

There's 2 sellers listed, one is Amazon themselves and I've checked - they don't complain that they can't deliver to Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Thanks for the info Closov, I can I just say welcome to boards.ie :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Closov

Cheers* for the welcome
    D4RK ONION,
    (actually registered years ago but the old email addy's gone - so can't retrieve password)

*as in "thanks", not a description of what I'm doing right now...

Advertisement