Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nose piercing not healing properly

Options
  • 04-12-2010 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi there,

I got my nose pierced about 5-6 weeks ago and it was healing well until about a month in when I started developing what I originally thought was an infection which then became this hardened mass of skin. I have been in to the store twice to seek help, the first time a woman advised me it was just bacterial and to keep treating it with saline which didn't work. The second time the guy told me to buy Palmer's skin therapy (he said it was a honey-like gel but I could only find an oil?) because it was probably a keloid - neither of these seems to have worked. I am concerned it's getting worse and because I'm New York can't touch base back in Australia - what should I do to treat it/make it go away? Can someone please help me?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

New York?! Huge selection of top body piercers like brian decker in pure.

Probably one of the most renowned body piercers in America. It is a keloid, could be a number of factors but I imagine that the best way to treat it is to keep up with a strict cleaning routine and soak it with a warm (not boiling) chamomile tea bag which should help reduce the scarring

Advertisement