Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you recognise this Dog?

Options
  • 04-12-2010 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭

I found this girl wandering around at the entrance of Charlesland this morning at about 10am. She is medium sized and is wearing a brown leather collar. It has an orange band on it saying "scan me" I took her up to the Vet but no chip was found. She is well looked after and is very well trained. We walked around Charlesland with her for ages to see if anyone was looking for her but noone approched us. She is happily curled up by the fire now and is safe with us. I would really like to have her reunited with her family as they must be seriously missing her. If you know her can you PM me? Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Victoria.

Aw lovely dog, hope you find her owner very soon:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

YOURFACE! wrote: »
    I found this girl wandering around at the entrance of Charlesland this morning at about 10am. She is medium sized and is wearing a brown leather collar. It has an orange band on it saying "scan me" I took her up to the Vet but no chip was found. She is well looked after and is very well trained. We walked around Charlesland with her for ages to see if anyone was looking for her but noone approched us. She is happily curled up by the fire now and is safe with us. I would really like to have her reunited with her family as they must be seriously missing her. If you know her can you PM me? Thanks!!

Would be ironic if the dog was called Scan Me.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭YOURFACE!

HA! :) yes it would!

I still have her. We cant hang onto her for long so please if anyone knows her get in touch!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lackshmi

This is probably a really really long shot but I took in a stray called Boike (pronounced Boy-key) on new years eve 1999. The poor thing was terrified with the fireworks. This dog is the image of it. I know the lady who owned the dog has had dogs like it ever since. They lived down by the bridge at the harbour on the cinema side about 3-4 houses up (I think). If you were to call down there any of the neighbours would know. At the time Boike kept going missing and the owner told me a good while after that they were micro chipping the dog. I know it seems like a long shot as the dog was 1-2 when I found it and thats 10 years ago. I passed them last summer and heard them call Boike??? Could be a sister or daughter!!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭ashmac

sorry dont reconise it but fair play to you for taking her in and making an effort in finding her owner. i wish people would invest the 3 euro or so it costs to get a tag with a phone number on it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Remember a dog is not just for Christmas.. if you're lucky you will have some left for Stephen's day :)

Good luck with the owner hunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

dont regonise her sorry, but have you tried putting up notices in superquinn/supervalu maybe shes from somehwere else in the town and just found her way down to charlesland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭YOURFACE!

Thanks guys. We still have her! She is such a dote but we really cant keep her. We have been walking around the village with her but noone has approached us at all. I have put up a poster in Superquinn and will put more up around the place. I really would love if we could get her home for Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Put a post up in the Lost and Found section of the Animal forum as well, see here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

I posted the pic and info on my Facebook, just incase the small amount of people who are "friends" with me might know something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭pieface_ie

Might be a good idea to give the local vet a call as people generally call them at a time of missing a pet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

pieface_ie wrote: »
    Might be a good idea to give the local vet a call as people generally call them at a time of missing a pet.

The OP already has done that as in first post

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

Sometimes the microchip-slips down the body so the scanners don't pick it up on the normal spots. Ive seen this happen a few times whereby they do a quick scan and it doesn't pick up anything when in actual fact there is a chip there.
    Did the vet do a really thorough search on the body? It would be unusual for a dog to have s tag saying scan me and not have a chip.

Good luck and well done on taking the dog in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 aaa111

i cant belive u still have her.we actually found this dog together-i was walking with my white one at this time...u are soo good!hopefully someone will pick her up very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Nancenet70

my dog's chip moved to her chest from her neck, did they check her all over?
    good luck!

Advertisement