Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC/CHORUS/NTL broadband down

Options
  • 04-12-2010 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Anyone else having this problem? I'm in the Wood.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Redr

I'm not sure where the Wood is but here in Cork all is fine with UPC broadband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭jc1980

Just onto them now, mines back working but there looking into it

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Thanks, mines back now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Mine has been on and off all weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

Redr wrote: »
    I'm not sure where the Wood is but here in Cork all is fine with UPC broadband.
    charlesland cork? Is that new? I've been away for a couple of days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,066 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Mine went down this afternoon about 4ish as well - I rang them and the modem had gone off line for some reason so they reset it

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Down again today for me. From about lunch time.
    Still not back at time of writing. Definitely on the UPC side as I have rebooted my router and my modem.
    Anyone else experiencing the same? I'm in C'land Court.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

d31b0y wrote: »
    Down again today for me. From about lunch time.
    Still not back at time of writing. Definitely on the UPC side as I have rebooted my router and my modem.
    Anyone else experiencing the same? I'm in C'land Court.

I'm in C'Land Park and it's working fine and has been all day except for the power outage of course. Maybe there was a power surge when it went back on which might have affected your equipment?

Don't think so. Everything looks like it's responding properly.
    I might give them a ring.

EDIT: actually, it looks like the connection is up. Mah router aint routing...

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Try plugging your pc/laptop directly in to the cable modem. If that works you know for sure it's your router.

• Advertisement

It's ok, I have sorted it.

The power outage forced a reboot of my router and seemed to corrupt the settings that I had on it. A quick factory reset and I was back in business.

Advertisement