Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you need to be bad at mathes to be a Guard

• 04-12-2010 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

More than two million cigarettes were seized today at Rosslare Harbour in Co Wexford.

Customs officers intercepted a 40ft container which had arrived from Cherbourg in northern France.

The tobacco has an estimated street value of €1m, officials said, and had been concealed in a shipment described as stone.

One man in his 40s was detained and is being questioned.

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/customs-officers-seize-1m-cigarette-haul-at-rosslare-484393.html#ixzz17ATraFFo

The Guards obviously cant do simple maths or else they or hyping themselves up a bit.

2 million smokes with a street value of €1 million means each smoke is worth 50c or a tenner for a 20 box. I dont smoke but i know its cheaper than a tenner in the shops so it must be a lot less on the streets.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Your spelling isn't anything to write home about either..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I'd say it would help to be good at MATHS - spelling also!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Go march on the Dáil or something.

Gardai bashing is boring.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement