Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online FPS Overrated?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

You're over thinking it.

Its simple really, Americans are racists. :p

I was an admin for a european BF2 server years back, you could instantly tell when an American joined. Tking started to happen and the general racism would come out. Also stuff like "Oh wow this is a European server, yo , say something foriegn."

When 9/10 americans that join your server are like this, and generally last 5 mins before they're kicked, you really start to lose respect for the people of that country. :p

One time these two american lads joined and they're were really friendly didnt call people sand ni**ers and stuck to the server rules and got into the banter on the server.

Turned out they were canadian.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

The L4D 1 server I admin has a majority of latinos (I think it's one of the few American cracked servers running). There's about 2 or 3 Russian regulars who are good and play by the rules but every now and again other Russians creep in and fùck the place up, spouting all types of abuse.

I ban their asses quicker than I would other people..........but not before I have a little fun by constantly spawning a circle of witches on them or a shower of 20 boomers rain on them :pac: Fùck 'em, as I say, as most of the L4D1 servers out there are Russian and they'll ban anyone indefinitely for not speaking in their language.

Being the only Irish guy on the server I frequent on I get the usual "racist" comments ("Where are me lucky charms" or "Cabbage Head" :D) but it's in good fun and they take the abuse back in good form.

Though I'll never forget the time on a L4D2 Dutch server when an American called a Scottish guy a "foreigner". The Scottish guy went psycho and the two of them were shouting abuse down their mics for a good 10 minutes, everybody else was in stitches at the bizzare fight that was going on. :D

Advertisement