Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 or 5 year rent reviews?

Options
  • 04-12-2010 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Im not sure if this is the right forum, mods please feel free to move it. I am currently studying for a degree in a property related field. I am currently completing an assignment and one question has come into my mind and its has started to bug me as I cant find an answer to it.

Which is better three or five year rent reviews on commercial leases and why?

Any links or help on this would be helpful.

Cheers
    :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

We don't do people's homework for them.

What is the length of the lease? (There is more to that question than one would think).

Is there a break clause?

Is there a rent-free period.

Rent reviews cost money in fees.

Doing it every three years means any potential increase occurs then, but it is less than the amount that would happen after 5 years.

Draw your own conclusions.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭richard2010

Victor wrote: »

Doing it every three years means any potential increase occurs then, but it is less than the amount that would happen after 5 years.

Cheers Victor thats exactly what I was after.

Advertisement