Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVE AT THE MARQUE

Options
  • 04-12-2010 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭

Anyone hear anything about line up?
    Sorry if its been posted but im new

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Bryan Adams , Imelda May , Bell X1 , Alexandra Burke , Elton John & Band and Christy Moore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭StereoLove

Anyone know if Lady Gaga is playing the Marquee?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,909 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

StereoLove wrote: »
    Anyone know if Lady Gaga is playing the Marquee?

No she isn't. The line up is in the post above yours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Bryan Adams , Imelda May , Bell X1 , Alexandra Burke , Elton John & Band and Christy Moore

Apart from bellx1 the line up is fairly crap to be fair

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

booboo88 wrote: »

You've probably quoted the act that will find it hardest to sell out their show.

• Advertisement

booboo88 wrote: »

Elton is well ahead of Bell X1. Of course, it's all about opinion! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Christ, that line up's depressing. Bell X1 are the Beautiful South of the 21st century, middle of the road inoffensive music.

Bring back Chickenfoot, or Megadeth, or line up Jamiroquai, or something actually interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

it's early days yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

mars bar wrote: »
    Elton is well ahead of Bell X1. Of course, it's all about opinion! :)
    It is opinion :) but obviously would prefer others but who id love too see wont play:(
    lordgoat wrote: »
    You've probably quoted the act that will find it hardest to sell out their show.
    I love their jingles, its good music, not something id like to hear in pub but good all the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Christ, that line up's depressing. Bell X1 are the Beautiful South of the 21st century, middle of the road inoffensive music.

Bring back Chickenfoot, or Megadeth, or line up Jamiroquai, or something actually interesting.

Still early yet for the token outsider act to be announced. Give it a couple of months, there is always an interesting act announced for this.

I hope they follow up Megadeth with another good rock/metal act this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Epicness

Well this is sad so far. I vaguely remember kasabian (well they were booked but cancelled) the prodigy, and kanye west play here. I hope they get at least one current/relevant/decent band or artist.

Epicness wrote: »
    Well this is sad so far. I vaguely remember kasabian (well they were booked but cancelled) the prodigy, and kanye west play here. I hope they get at least one current/relevant/decent band or artist.

One persons sauce is another persons poison!

I do agree that they could possibly do with one act who is huge at the moment. Imelda May is a good act to have though, she should sell out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

lordgoat wrote: »

They will, but Elton will struggle at his prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭useded

I'd say if Bell X1 only had one night in Vicar St. they would sell this out no problem. They Sold out Vicar St. quite fast for their acoustic show, which was always going to attract less than a normal show. Also, they played the point when Flock was released too.

useded wrote: »
    I'd say if Bell X1 only had one night in Vicar St. they would sell this out no problem. They Sold out Vicar St. quite fast for their acoustic show, which was always going to attract less than a normal show. Also, they played the point when Flock was released too.

What is the capacity the Marquee? It must be 5 times the size of vicar St.

What is the capacity the Marquee? It must be 5 times the size of vicar St.

Think its 4000

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Imelda may will she sell 4000 tickets??

bigpink wrote: »
    Imelda may will she sell 4000 tickets??

Well she sold out 3 or 4 days in the Olympia

Well she sold out 3 or 4 days in the Olympia

But she does tour a lot. She has always has some upcoming dates in Ireland.

I thought it would have been bigger than 4,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

That's a pretty poor line-up. Was hoping to head down to Cork this year as I missed it last year also with an unappealing line-up.

• Advertisement

That's a pretty poor line-up. Was hoping to head down to Cork this year as I missed it last year also with an unappealing line-up.

I'm sure there'll be more bands added. Although ii doubt there'll be any more names as big as Bryan Adams or Elton John.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Whippersnapper

I'm sure there'll be more bands added. Although ii doubt there'll be any more names as big as Bryan Adams or Elton John.

Neither really float my boat. I'd be happy with a smaller acoustic act ala KT Tunstall and Josh Ritter.

Neither really float my boat. I'd be happy with a smaller acoustic act ala KT Tunstall and Josh Ritter.

Me neither. But the bigger acts have harsh prices anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

kt tunstall playing cork opera house sun 20 th feb if thats any good for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭tatoo

Any possibility at all that Horslips might be added ?
    ( they had to cancel last year )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Megadeth was unappealing?

Megadeth was unappealing?

I never actually made it to that gig. Where they any good? I was terribly disapointed at download a couple of days earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

I never actually made it to that gig. Where they any good? I was terribly disapointed at download a couple of days earlier.

Tbh, the sound kind of took away from what could have been a truly amazing gig. Just from where I was standing the vocals seemed too low and the drums a bit high, but what I heard was an extreme tight band and it was great to hear all of Rust in Peace live.

Should be interesting to see who the pick for the token metal act this year given that they have had Megadeth and Slayer down there at this point.

Tbh, the sound kind of took away from what could have been a truly amazing gig. Just from where I was standing the vocals seemed too low and the drums a bit high, but what I heard was an extreme tight band and it was great to hear all of Rust in Peace live.

Should be interesting to see who the pick for the token metal act this year given that they have had Megadeth and Slayer down there at this point.

I think they generally try and nab a band from the download line up. So hopefully anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Some pretty big names added in last couple of days. Paul Simon and Bob Dylan. I saw Paul Simon there a couple of years ago and it was an amazing gig, I wouldn't be a fan of his, went with hubby who is a huge fan, but I have to say he puts on a great show. You can tell he really loves touring.

Advertisement