Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will a knee kicker remove carpet kinks?

• 04-12-2010 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Does anybody know if a knee kicker will remove kinks from a carpet?
    Might invest in one if it does. Or would you really need to get the professionals in with a carpet stretcher? Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

blue_steel wrote: »
    Does anybody know if a knee kicker will remove kinks from a carpet?
    Might invest in one if it does. Or would you really need to get the professionals in with a carpet stretcher? Cheers.

i am having the same problem, and found out that those knee kickers cost a fair few bucks, i intend making my own with tow pieces of wood say two and a half feet long with a hinge joining them together and at each end a few slate nails onto them and then as i can stretch using the hinge as the centre and at the same time stretching out at each end of the pieces of wood, this is just a thought, what do you think, or do you have ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭blue_steel

Sounds pretty creative, fair play. I have seen a knee kicker in Lenehans for €65 and I think they can be hired cheaply enough.
    I would be optimistic they would remove the kinks because they are recent enough. You might need a stanley blade to trim the excess you would create though? Then refit it under the skirting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

blue_steel wrote: »
    Sounds pretty creative, fair play. I have seen a knee kicker in Lenehans for €65 and I think they can be hired cheaply enough.
    I would be optimistic they would remove the kinks because they are recent enough. You might need a stanley blade to trim the excess you would create though? Then refit it under the skirting?

i do have the stanley, and will be making this carpet stretcher next week, we all have pieces of two by four or one by four in the garage so an old hinge and a few stray slate nails, i have no notion of paying 65 euro nor hiring a fellow in, every penny counts in this climate

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ShamFeen

goat2 wrote: »
    i do have the stanley, and will be making this carpet stretcher next week, we all have pieces of two by four or one by four in the garage so an old hinge and a few stray slate nails, i have no notion of paying 65 euro nor hiring a fellow in, every penny counts in this climate

The kickers can be hired quite cheaply. I'd be worried your nails may damage, rip or tear the carpet, as I've seen someone do this before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭meercat

put on a good pair of trainers(runners) and "kick"(shuffle)the carpet into the edge
    it does the same job;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Use a steam cleaner on the carpet and keep it over the kinks for a minute or 2.

Job done.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭blue_steel

meercat wrote: »
    put on a good pair of trainers(runners) and "kick"(shuffle)the carpet into the edge
    it does the same job;)

And wrecks your carpet while you're at it :)

Advertisement